Remote Desktop printer redirection

Post by Brian Cocuzz » Wed, 12 Feb 2003 04:39:02

I am trying to use printer redirection with Remote Desktop
on Windows XP (both on the local and remote PC).  I can
see my local printer on the remote PC under two scenarios
but not under the third.  It appears that I can redirect
my printer when it is on the parallel printer port (LPT1)
and I can redirect it if my local PC is attached to a
remote printer (\\server_name\printer_share) but I can't
redirect a printer that uses a port that I create (in this
case, a Standard TCP/IP port) on my local PC.

Is this accurate or is there a way around this behaviour?

1. Remote Desktop Printer redirection

I am attempting to use a USB printer connected to my Mac
OS X box. The printer is PS compatible. I put a check in
the local resource, connect automatically printer check
box on the RDC. The XP box has a windows xp and 2000
driver on it. But I cannot see the printer que in a remote
session. There are no events in the event log that have
anything to do with printing. The printer is a HP 1200
laserjet. What else am I missing?

2. Dlink DWL650 to DWL120 Peer to Peer WLAN

3. XP Pro Remote Desktop Printer Redirection

4. RedCreek Ravlin, what do you know about then?

5. Remote Desktop and printer redirection

6. Netscape and file: anchor tag, problems

7. Automatic Printer Redirection With Remote Desktop

8. Can the local cache size influence perfomances in Netscape?

9. Cannot get file redirection or printer redirection working

10. Remote Desktop WEB CONNECTION and drive redirection

11. Remote Desktop - Hard Disk Redirection

12. Remote Printing/Printer Redirection not working

13. Windows XP Remote Desktop Drive Redirection?