Can't turn off PC, and always get 'serious error...' message

Can't turn off PC, and always get 'serious error...' message

Post by Brian Toothil » Fri, 23 May 2003 12:54:14

Every time I shut down my PC, it restarts.  When it restarts, I always get
'The system has recovered from a serious error' message.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks.

--
Brian Toothill

Can't turn off PC, and always get 'serious error...' message

Post by Brian Toothil » Fri, 23 May 2003 13:06:51

Following a quick search of the newsgroup, I think I've answered my
question!

--
Brian Toothill

Quote:> Every time I shut down my PC, it restarts.  When it restarts, I always get
> 'The system has recovered from a serious error' message.

> Any ideas why this is happening?

> Thanks.

> --
> Brian Toothill

Can't turn off PC, and always get 'serious error...' message

Post by **{Steven}* » Fri, 23 May 2003 14:55:48

So what was the problem and what is the solution? Enquiring minds want to
know!

Steven

> Following a quick search of the newsgroup, I think I've answered my
> question!

> --
> Brian Toothill

> > Every time I shut down my PC, it restarts.  When it restarts, I always
get
> > 'The system has recovered from a serious error' message.

> > Any ideas why this is happening?

> > Thanks.

> > --
> > Brian Toothill

1. Help I can't Turn Off My PC & a error message mshta.exe

I have a problem with a new insulation of XP home I can't!! & don't Have the
option to Turn off the pc either in start menu or in task manager all I have
is log off.

I have tried setting up or changing the users & the error message comes up
"Microsoft (R) HTML application host has encounter a problem & needs to
close".     The file effected is (mshta.exe).

I have had problems loading Windows Me on the same pc.     Regsvr32 has
caused an error in MMUTILSE.DLL   also when trying to load system restore I
would get RSTRUI.EXE errors.

the HDD was fdisk & reformatted prior to any OS being installed

Could these 2 be related & have you lot any ideas how to sort the problem I
need a OS working "ASAP"

Thanks In advance

Chris

2. Amplify microphone output using joytick port

3. Strange 'Restart' and 'Turn Off Computer' problem

4. Timer Implementation in Windows ???

5. Turning Off 'auto log-off'

6. Setting on 2 CPU the same?

7. Frequent overnight shutdown w/ 'Serious Error' message.

8. I lose items in system tray when i restart

9. Using 'shutdown' in command prompt to schedule a shutdown - won't turn off

10. 'System Has Recovered from a Serious Error' message

11. Can't turn off script error messages in IE6

12. computer turning off while i'm using it & sending back a fat32 error message