RAW file system

Post by lumpy0 » Thu, 22 Jun 2006 03:12:01

the first system is a brand new Dell 820, BTW.

> I have a system that sees both CD and thumb drive as formatted with RAW, and
> prompts to either insert a formatted CD or format the removable drive. When I
> put them in another systen they come up CDFS and FAT, respectively, as they
> should. Both system running xp-pro, SP2

> Any ideas why these devices can not be read on the first system?

RAW file system

Post by Og » Thu, 22 Jun 2006 03:18:58

> the first system is a brand new Dell 820, BTW.

>> I have a system that sees both CD and thumb drive as formatted with RAW,
>> and
>> prompts to either insert a formatted CD or format the removable drive.
>> When I
>> put them in another systen they come up CDFS and FAT, respectively, as
>> they
>> should. Both system running xp-pro, SP2

>> Any ideas why these devices can not be read on the first system?

Since you are having problems with "a brand new Dell 820", your first step
is to make a warranty call to Dell Technical Support.
Steve

1. Mapped Drive RAW File System

I restored a win2k drive from a cloned image and now from XP when I map the
drive it reads the mapped file system as 'RAW'. All access to and from the
drive appears normal, only differences are there is no drive name in the
explorer tree and I cannot copy files with long filenames to the mapped
drive.

The same XP box mapping 98SE drives from another box has no problem. The 2k
pc can map both the others equally as well - only the XP -> 2k1 mapping is
not quite right.

Any ideas how to get it back to normal?
JG...                                                 Jeff Givens

"My hovercraft is full of eels."

2. Active Sync 3.0 strange problem.

3. Odd problem: mapped network drives show up as RAW file system ?

4. internet explorer 6 has corruptions

5. Windows XP and RAW file system

6. Run apps on comp#2 from comp#1

7. RAW file system = FAT32 in Dos

8. system getting sloooooower

9. RAW file system in windows xp

10. Mapped Drive RAW File System

11. RAW file system

12. How to use NT Raw File System?

13. NTFS file system suddenly changed to RAW