Followup to MSI Installer Error

Post by David Goric » Sat, 03 May 2003 04:58:17

Discovered the problem and corrected it already.  Thanks anyway.

Followup to MSI Installer Error

Post by Kell » Sat, 03 May 2003 14:55:43

Hi David,

I had already replied before seening this post.  How was it corrected?

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP [AE-Windows? XP]
Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

Quote:> Discovered the problem and corrected it already.  Thanks anyway.

Followup to MSI Installer Error

Post by Kell » Sun, 04 May 2003 17:54:15

Hi David,

You are very welcome.  And thanks for the feedback and your comments, it is
greatly appreciated.  As per the OXP edit, this corrects the common issue of
when Office is installed on one profile.

When other users try to access any of the OXP programs, they are faced with
the specified error message, thus having to hit cancel twice before gaining
any sort of access to the desired destination.

What is lacking is: UserData=dword:00000001.  Once added, all is well.

--
Thanks again,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP [AE-Windows? XP]
Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

> I uninstalled IP Refresh and reinstalled it and the problem went away.
I'm
> using Office 2000 not XP but your solution looks interesting and I'm
> checking it out in case of future problems.  Your site is a treasure trove
> of information and I'm trying to spend a couple of hours a week there
> educating myself.  I've learned a lot.

> Many thanks for your assistance,
> David

> > Hi David,

> > I had already replied before seening this post.  How was it corrected?

> > --
> > All the Best,
> > Kelly

> > MS-MVP Win98/XP [AE-Windows? XP]
> > Troubleshooting Windows XP
> > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
> > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
> > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

> > Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
> > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/top10faqs.htm

> > > Discovered the problem and corrected it already.  Thanks anyway.

1. MSI installer, my Microsoft Installer is corrupt

Where can i get my hands on a copy? I read on their website that you cant
get it, but i really doubt that..  mine is corrupt from a virus

I need to copy over the original, how is this possible? And where can i get
it?

2. CDROM Autorun

3. MSI Installer Error

4. DVD/CD Drive Write Problem

5. isscript.msi installer error

6. Flakey Winsock

7. MSI installer

8. New Web Server

9. MSI installer of WMP9

10. IE6SP1 MSI Installer

11. MSI installer problem???

12. need msi installer for xp pro

13. Downloading and istalling new copy of Windows Installer (MSI)