restart problems and ICS (ithink)

Post by bw » Tue, 23 Oct 2001 16:21:06

hi...
i've got win xp pro.
recently had quite a few problems with restarting machine if i disable my
internal network connection, then restart.. it just sits at the load up
screen... usually have to load previous set point.
Is there another way to disable ICS... i only have a 2 PC network and the
reason i need to do this is to ensure my daughter gets to bed when she's
told:)

thanks in advance

restart problems and ICS (ithink)

Post by Slugsi » Tue, 23 Oct 2001 20:11:31

I doubt that ICS is causing the problem with the start-up, thats probably
something else.

However, to disable ICS, open Control Panel, Network Connections, right
click your internet connection, select properties, go to the advanced tab,
and untick Share Connection (I'm not sat at my XP machine at the moment, so
the exact wording may be wrong). Click OK a few times. You'll get a warning
that some settings have been changed and they will be applied next time the
connection is started. Just disconnect your internet connection, and restart
it. Hey presto, your daughter is in bed!

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Slugsie

Quote:> hi...
> i've got win xp pro.
> recently had quite a few problems with restarting machine if i disable my
> internal network connection, then restart.. it just sits at the load up
> screen... usually have to load previous set point.
> Is there another way to disable ICS... i only have a 2 PC network and the
> reason i need to do this is to ensure my daughter gets to bed when she's
> told:)

> thanks in advance

1. OE?Hotmail issue Half way fix(Ithink)

?a:   O E/ Hotmail issue Half way fix (I think)
??: 2005?6??4? 14:43

After two days dealing with this OE/Hotmail issue
some how I had my mail working
I tested sending e mails to my self from another server
and to my surpeise I have recieved I did about 3 times already , then I
replied back to my self and I got the mail back.
Now , I don't Know If it fix by it self or because I did a little change on
internet options , Advanced tab , unchecked HTTP1.1 and check on HTTP1.1
through proxy connections.
Need some body to hel me find if it work for all.
Thanks
              LG

2. Using fax with cable modem

3. ics drops IP address on restart

4. Windows Startup

5. Win xp and restart and restart and restart

6. new address bar attached - cannot get rid of!

7. Restart, restart, restart

8. CD - Auto start

9. restart problems time to restart too long

10. ICS and Opening ports to the ICS client

11. Adding an XP as an ICS client to an existing 98SE ICS network - how??

12. Shared IC with 98 ICS Host and XP Client

13. ICS - XP host, ME cllient - Intermittent failure of ICS