Display changes spontaneously to Default Monitor

Display changes spontaneously to Default Monitor

Post by Nathana » Sat, 09 Nov 2002 09:43:58

The display keeps changing spontaneously to the Default
monitor in WinXP Pro.  My monitor is a Viewsonic G773.
XP plug and play correctly identifies the monitor and
sets all of the valid resolution/refresh combinations.
For some reason, it keeps switching back to the default
monitor.  I usually detect that it happened when I try to
play a game that changes the window resolution.  The
monitor goes blank and goes into energy saving mode.
When I go check the display settings or the hardware
manager, the Monitor is changed to the default monitor.
I did have blue screen shut down recently so I wonder if
it happened at that time but I cannot be sure.  Can
anyone tell me what is causing the monitor to switch from
the G773 to default?

1. Can't change Default Monitor in Display Properties

On my Dell 8250, I added a 1800 Flat Panel display and when I went to load
the drivers, I found the Properties button greyed out.  I went to device
manager and no monitor was listed not even the Default Monitor.  I've looked
all over and can't find a clue on how to ungrey the Properties button.  Any
ideas would be most welcome.

Thanks,
Dick

2. vcd

3. Desktop display scheme and sounds spontaneously change

4. XP Recognizes 80 gig Hard drive as only 30 gigs HELP

5. Display Settings Change Spontaneously?

6. scanrom tsr ?

7. XP Won't Allow Change to Monitor from Default Monitor

8. Netscape 3.0 Tour

9. Can't change from default monitor

10. Changing default monitor

11. Changing the default monitor in XP

12. REQ: How to change monitor from 'default'?