School Paper

School Paper

Post by Tim Phillip » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 21:01:53



Hello, I am attempting to find an article that shows the
docucentric approach for the Operating systems Windows
XP.  Any ideas?  Please e-mail. Thanks to anyone that can
help.  Tim
 
 
 

School Paper

Post by Barry Guye » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 22:00:37


On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 04:01:53 -0800, "Tim Phillips"


>Hello, I am attempting to find an article that shows the
>docucentric approach for the Operating systems Windows
>XP.  Any ideas?  Please e-mail. Thanks to anyone that can
>help.  Tim

Do you have a search engine installed on your computer such as Google?
If so, type in the search engine window "docucentric windows" -
without the inverted commas - and you will get lots of articles for
you to browse and learn from - and, above all, you might learn how
easy it is to find information for yourself if you use one of the many
free search facilities available.

 
 
 

School Paper

Post by NJ » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 00:03:07


Google is not installed locally on your PC.  It is a site on the Internet
accessable via a browser such as Internet Explorer.

http://www.google.com

Barry Guyer wrote in microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics:

Quote:> Do you have a search engine installed on your computer such as Google?

 
 
 

School Paper

Post by Ken Blak » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 00:22:24




Quote:> Do you have a search engine installed on your computer such as

Google?

A clarification: Google (or any other search engine) is not
"installed on your computer." Google is a web site, as are other
search engines.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

 
 
 

School Paper

Post by Harry Ohr » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 00:25:12


Hi. Is "docucentric" even a word? ;-)  If not can you come up with something that better describes what you are looking for?
--

Harry Ohrn - MS MVP (Windows Shell/User)
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/
www.webtree.ca/newlife/


> Hello, I am attempting to find an article that shows the
> docucentric approach for the Operating systems Windows
> XP.  Any ideas?  Please e-mail. Thanks to anyone that can
> help.  Tim

 
 
 

School Paper

Post by Barry Guye » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 00:32:17


Actually, you can download an install the Google toolbar from the
Google site.

>Google is not installed locally on your PC.  It is a site on the Internet
>accessable via a browser such as Internet Explorer.

>http://www.google.com

>Barry Guyer wrote in microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics:

>> Do you have a search engine installed on your computer such as Google?

 
 
 

School Paper

Post by NJ » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 01:12:20


Yes, but that's not the entire Google database, it is just an app for
easier access to Google.

Google's database resides on a server (somewhere) and is accessable via
www.google.com unless you have a VERY BIG HARD DRIVE and actually
downloaded the contents of the database to your system.

Barry Guyer wrote in microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics:

Quote:> Actually, you can download an install the Google toolbar from the
> Google site.

 
 
 

School Paper

Post by Bruce Chamber » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:52:15


Greetings --

    Define "docucentric," please.  I can't find the term in any
dictionary I've tried.  It certainly doesn't seem to be at all related
to applications, operating systems, or computer technology.

Bruce Chambers
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
----
You can have peace.  Or you can have freedom.  Don't ever count on
having both at once. -- RAH


Quote:> Hello, I am attempting to find an article that shows the
> docucentric approach for the Operating systems Windows
> XP.  Any ideas?  Please e-mail. Thanks to anyone that can
> help.  Tim

 
 
 

School Paper

Post by rocanno » Sat, 15 Feb 2003 09:34:22


bruce,
do a google on the word... you'll be suprised


> Greetings --

>     Define "docucentric," please.  I can't find the term in any
> dictionary I've tried.  It certainly doesn't seem to be at all related
> to applications, operating systems, or computer technology.

> Bruce Chambers
> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> ----
> You can have peace.  Or you can have freedom.  Don't ever count on
> having both at once. -- RAH



> > Hello, I am attempting to find an article that shows the
> > docucentric approach for the Operating systems Windows
> > XP.  Any ideas?  Please e-mail. Thanks to anyone that can
> > help.  Tim

-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----
 
 
 

School Paper

Post by Bruce Chamber » Sat, 15 Feb 2003 11:40:22


Greetings --

    Surprised is right.  Although I still haven't mentioned to get a
clear grasp on what it really means.  Thanks for the education.  (I
think.)  ;-}

Bruce Chambers
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
----
You can have peace.  Or you can have freedom.  Don't ever count on
having both at once. -- RAH


Quote:> bruce,
> do a google on the word... you'll be suprised