Selecting multiple folders No problem selecting multiple files

Selecting multiple folders No problem selecting multiple files

Post by Vladimi » Tue, 29 Oct 2002 05:53:23

I can select multiple files  with the Shift key or the Ctl key  but
can not  select multiple folders . I can only select individual
folders, one at time.

I have tried 3 computers using the same O.S. with the same results

On tools I have selected default .

A friend also with the same O.S  has no problem.
I have set Tools setings to be the same ones he has.

I want to move large number of files but the only way is to move one
at time.

Can you help please ?

Vlad

Selecting multiple folders No problem selecting multiple files

Post by Richard » Tue, 29 Oct 2002 07:18:26

Valdimir,

My personal experience has shown that only items in the right side of
explorer can be selected "Multiple" .

Sellect the next higher folder to show  the wanted folders to the right
side.

For example if you click on c:\ than all folders (and files) will be
selectable by shift or cntrl on the right side.

Or select c:\windows and all the files and folders under the windows
directory will be selectable.

Please respond if this does not make sence.

Hope this helps
Rihcard E

Quote:> I can select multiple files  with the Shift key or the Ctl key  but
> can not  select multiple folders . I can only select individual
> folders, one at time.

> I have tried 3 computers using the same O.S. with the same results

> On tools I have selected default .

> A friend also with the same O.S  has no problem.
> I have set Tools setings to be the same ones he has.

> I want to move large number of files but the only way is to move one
> at time.

> Can you help please ?

> Vlad

Selecting multiple folders No problem selecting multiple files

Post by Richard » Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:58:04

Valdimir,
I am glad it worked out and thanks for the feedback.

Richard E

> Richard

> It does make sense. It is the way you describe.
> No more problem . Thanks

> Vlad

> On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 16:18:26 -0600, "Richard E"

> >Valdimir,

> >My personal experience has shown that only items in the right side of
> >explorer can be selected "Multiple" .

> >Sellect the next higher folder to show  the wanted folders to the right
> >side.

> >For example if you click on c:\ than all folders (and files) will be
> >selectable by shift or cntrl on the right side.

> >Or select c:\windows and all the files and folders under the windows
> >directory will be selectable.

> >Please respond if this does not make sence.

> >Hope this helps
> >Rihcard E

> >> I can select multiple files  with the Shift key or the Ctl key  but
> >> can not  select multiple folders . I can only select individual
> >> folders, one at time.

> >> I have tried 3 computers using the same O.S. with the same results

> >> On tools I have selected default .

> >> A friend also with the same O.S  has no problem.
> >> I have set Tools setings to be the same ones he has.

> >> I want to move large number of files but the only way is to move one
> >> at time.

> >> Can you help please ?

> >> Vlad

1. Selecting multiple folders How to select No problem selecting multiple files

I can select multiple files  with the Shift key or the Ctl key  but
can not  select multiple folders . I can only select individual
folders, one at time.

I have tried 3 computers using the same O.S. with the same results

On tools I have selected default .

A friend also with the same O.S  has no problem.
I have set Tools setings to be the same ones he has.

I want to move large number of files but the only way is to move one
at time.

Can you help please ?

Vlad

2. Microsoft Online Crash Analysis

3. Selecting multiple folders . No problem selecting multiple files

4. Repairing .NET framework

5. Selecting multiple folders No problem selecting multiple files

6. Mising Functions in OEMOHCI (1394 Driver)

7. Trying to use SNMPUTIL from NT ResKit: "error on SnmpMgrRequest 40"

8. Selecting multiple folders How to select ? XP professional

9. Internet Explorer SELECT MULTIPLE selects first value

10. How many ways can I select multiple files in 3.1 File Mgr?

11. Selecting multiple files with openDialog

12. wrong action when right clicking on multiple selected files