When Clicking " Shutdown " or " Log off " - It takes two clicks

When Clicking " Shutdown " or " Log off " - It takes two clicks

Post by Chris » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 10:31:14

When I try to shut down or log off windows XP Professional, this is what
happens:

The first time I click it:
It asks me what I want to do,..Standby, Turn off, or Restart (Typical)
What ever I click it does nothing, and Windows remain running (fully
functional, not locked)

The second time I do the same thing:
I get the same question as before, but this time I does it. (It shuts down
fine)

Every time I want to shut down or log off I have to do it TWICE.  Why is
this happening,..It only started happening recently...

Thanks so much in advance for any help or suggestions,.. :)

-Chris