1. Errors: 'Couldn't Open Com Port' & 'Com Port Already Open'
I am at a real loss here. I can't seem to get my Win95b system to talk
to my Zyxel ISDN terminal adaptor on Com 2. I checked out the port with
a loopback connector and ran Norton Diag and the port checked out fine -
remeber NDIAG runs in DOS. I have also tried various com programs to
just try to talk to the TA on com 2, but to no avail. Win95's modem
diagnostics says, "Couldn't Open Port", Hyperterminal says, "Another
program is using the telephony device" and the Zyxel configuration
software says,"Open Communication Port Error". The trouble is, I have
removed everything from my StartUp folder, checked my old Win.ini
(nothing is loading there), ensured that I do not have MS Fax running
(it isn't even on the system!).
I have run out of ideas and web resources, any advice would be
appreciated. Extra points for CC'ing me directly in addition to posting
Thanks in advance!
2. Everex 940 Rev E - modem initialization string
3. ERROR: 'Couldn't Open Com Port' & 'Com Port Already Open'
4. This page cannot be displayed
6. XP remote client fails to install on windows NT sp6a
7. com and lpt port error- code 29 - no print with xp
9. Printing from a DOS program to a COM port
10. Virtual COM port, bluetooth and printing
12. Map virtual com port to infared port
13. My COM Ports or Par Ports will not work