Printer Queue -- Purging

Post by goldenhors » Thu, 05 Jun 2003 13:25:09

Running Windows-XP  I cannot print a document.

I have re-installed LPT-1 as well as the printer.  I continue to get a
notice that says "This document failed to print" and suggests that I view
the queue and/or use the trouble shooting program.  I did the latter to no
avail.

A friend has suggested that the queue is corrupted and needs to be purged
(not simply deleting the documents in queue on the Control
Panel/Printers/Faxes screen).

If anyone has knowledge of this procedure, I would be very grateful for your
assistance.

Thanks
.

Printer Queue -- Purging

Post by goldenhors » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 16:09:32

Problem solved---parallel port was disabled in CMOS.

1. Printer Queue - Possibly Corrupted (Purge)

I am running Windows-XP.  Suddenly I cannot print a doc.  I have reinstalled
LPT-1 and the printer; the printer works with a different computer.  All
documents have been cleared from the queue (Control Panel/Printers & Faxes).

It has been suggested that the queue is corrupted and needs to be purged
(not simply clearing the docs as noted above).

Any help you can provide will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. slow connection w/ websites that contain pop-ups

3. How can I purge a print queue from the command line ?

4. Multimedia security - CMS

5. media state disconnected/hp printer purged

6. Shutting off password-request window in Windows95

7. Queue Problems-- Unable To Send "Automatically" Queued Mail

8. Magic the Gathering and Windows XP

9. Purging password file for printer

10. Email showing up in printer queue

11. Printer queue

12. Printer Queue not clearing after print

13. Printing and printer queue problems