Kodak DVC 323 and Windows XP

Kodak DVC 323 and Windows XP

Post by Matth » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 06:16:44



I have a Kodak DVC323 digital camera (*). The drivers are the same as
for Windows 2000. The problem is that I dont know how to do to make my
camera appear in the Scanners and Cameras folder in the Control Panel. I
have tried the Add an Imaging device option but when I select my camera it
then asks me to select a port (LPT1, COM1, COM2) and I need to slect an USB
port which is not listed in the given options. Is this because the drivers
are not digitally signed by Microsoft ?

Thanks a lot,

Matthias

 
 
 

Kodak DVC 323 and Windows XP

Post by JK » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 13:52:29


I have a ViCam USB camera.  It's not listed in the Scanners and Cameras
either but after installing the Win2k software for it, it works fine even
though I'm using it in XP Pro.  Have you installed the software for the
Kodak without going to the Add an Imaging Device?  I see Kodak has updated
drivers for Win2000 and WinXP at this url --
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Good Luck.


Quote:> I have a Kodak DVC323 digital camera (*). The drivers are the same as
> for Windows 2000. The problem is that I dont know how to do to make my
> camera appear in the Scanners and Cameras folder in the Control Panel. I
> have tried the Add an Imaging device option but when I select my camera it
> then asks me to select a port (LPT1, COM1, COM2) and I need to slect an
USB
> port which is not listed in the given options. Is this because the drivers
> are not digitally signed by Microsoft ?

> Thanks a lot,

> Matthias


 
 
 

Kodak DVC 323 and Windows XP

Post by Matth » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 15:14:36


Yes, I have already installed the drivers, but they were originally for
Win2K. I just thought that if I had my camera in that folder other
applications that can be used with digital cameras would not recognize I had
one.

> I have a ViCam USB camera.  It's not listed in the Scanners and Cameras
> either but after installing the Win2k software for it, it works fine even
> though I'm using it in XP Pro.  Have you installed the software for the
> Kodak without going to the Add an Imaging Device?  I see Kodak has updated
> drivers for Win2000 and WinXP at this url --
> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> Good Luck.



> > I have a Kodak DVC323 digital camera (*). The drivers are the same
as
> > for Windows 2000. The problem is that I dont know how to do to make my
> > camera appear in the Scanners and Cameras folder in the Control Panel. I
> > have tried the Add an Imaging device option but when I select my camera
it
> > then asks me to select a port (LPT1, COM1, COM2) and I need to slect an
> USB
> > port which is not listed in the given options. Is this because the
drivers
> > are not digitally signed by Microsoft ?

> > Thanks a lot,

> > Matthias

 
 
 

Kodak DVC 323 and Windows XP

Post by JK » Tue, 20 Nov 2001 00:27:20


Windows Movie Maker, PaperPort 7.0 (in the Select Source), and MS Picture
It! Publishing 2001 all recognize my ViCam even though it isn't in the
Scanners and Cameras.  I haven't had a need to use it for any of these apps
but I did verify that it was listed in there.


> Yes, I have already installed the drivers, but they were originally for
> Win2K. I just thought that if I had my camera in that folder other
> applications that can be used with digital cameras would not recognize I
had
> one.


> > I have a ViCam USB camera.  It's not listed in the Scanners and Cameras
> > either but after installing the Win2k software for it, it works fine
even
> > though I'm using it in XP Pro.  Have you installed the software for the
> > Kodak without going to the Add an Imaging Device?  I see Kodak has
updated
> > drivers for Win2000 and WinXP at this url --

http://www.veryComputer.com/

> > Good Luck.



> > > I have a Kodak DVC323 digital camera (*). The drivers are the
same
> as
> > > for Windows 2000. The problem is that I dont know how to do to make
my
> > > camera appear in the Scanners and Cameras folder in the Control Panel.
I
> > > have tried the Add an Imaging device option but when I select my
camera
> it
> > > then asks me to select a port (LPT1, COM1, COM2) and I need to slect
an
> > USB
> > > port which is not listed in the given options. Is this because the
> drivers
> > > are not digitally signed by Microsoft ?

> > > Thanks a lot,

> > > Matthias

 
 
 

Kodak DVC 323 and Windows XP

Post by Mark » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 06:28:57


I have the DVC 325 and had the same problem.  I did
download the XP driver from Kodak as previously
recommended. After I installed it, my camera was still not
recognized by the PC.  I then went in to Device Manager in
XP and verfied that the USB ports were enabled.  I had a
yellow explaination point (!) next to the USB device.  I
right clicked on it and repaired the Kodak driver. Then
everything work great and my camera appeared in the
Scanner and Camera's section of XP too.  Hope this helps.
I am not my XP PC and I tried to recalled what I did from
memory.

Mark

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Windows Movie Maker, PaperPort 7.0 (in the Select

Source), and MS Picture
>It! Publishing 2001 all recognize my ViCam even though it
isn't in the
>Scanners and Cameras.  I haven't had a need to use it for
any of these apps
>but I did verify that it was listed in there.



>> Yes, I have already installed the drivers, but they
were originally for
>> Win2K. I just thought that if I had my camera in that
folder other
>> applications that can be used with digital cameras

would not recognize I
>had
>> one.


>> > I have a ViCam USB camera.  It's not listed in the

Scanners and Cameras
Quote:>> > either but after installing the Win2k software for
it, it works fine
>even
>> > though I'm using it in XP Pro.  Have you installed

the software for the
>> > Kodak without going to the Add an Imaging Device?  I
see Kodak has
>updated
>> > drivers for Win2000 and WinXP at this url --

>http://www.veryComputer.com/
323Drivers.shtml

>> > Good Luck.



>> > > I have a Kodak DVC323 digital camera (*). The
drivers are the
>same
>> as
>> > > for Windows 2000. The problem is that I dont know
how to do to make
>my
>> > > camera appear in the Scanners and Cameras folder in
the Control Panel.
>I
>> > > have tried the Add an Imaging device option but
when I select my
>camera
>> it
>> > > then asks me to select a port (LPT1, COM1, COM2)
and I need to slect
>an
>> > USB
>> > > port which is not listed in the given options. Is
this because the
>> drivers
>> > > are not digitally signed by Microsoft ?

>> > > Thanks a lot,

>> > > Matthias

>.

 
 
 

1. Kodak DVC 323 and Windows XP

I have a Kodak DVC323 digital camera (webcam). The drivers are the same as
for Windows 2000. The problem is that I dont know how to do to make my
camera appear in the Scanners and Cameras folder in the Control Panel. I
have tried the Add an Imaging device option but when I select my camera it
then asks me to select a port (LPT1, COM1, COM2) and I need to slect an USB
port which is not listed in the given options. Is this because the drivers
are not digitally signed by Microsoft ?

Thanks a lot,

Matthias

2. Logitech Cordless MouseMan Wheel PS2

3. Can't get my Kodak DVC 325 to work with XP

4. Best Uninstaller?

5. Kodak DVC 325

6. SiS 6326 limited to 16 colors

7. Does PocketPC 2002 support H.323 or SIP?

8. CD Burning

9. H.323

10. H.323 and H.310 documents

11. h.323 codec for WM encoder

12. H.323 Codec Support

13. H.323 and TINA-C