mirroring/striping hard drives

Post by motobre » Mon, 14 Jan 2002 07:06:43

Hi,
  Here's what I am trying to do. I have 3 IBM GXP hard
drives, 2-30GB, 1-60GB. I want to mirror the 2 30GB, and
use them for the OS(XP) & all my programs. Then I just
want to use the 60GB to store JPG, MPEG, MP3, etc to. I
want the computer to see the 30GB mirror & the 60GB
harddrives as discreet physical drives, so that if I want
to remove the 60GB or it goes bad, the computer isn't
looking for boot info on the 60GB. (I thought I had it
already, but the 60GB failed, & I lost everything)

I have a SOYO Dragon Plus MB w/ onboard Promise FastTrak
Lite raid 0/1. I also have at my disposal a Promise
Fastrak 100 raid 0/1 pci card.
If I can accomplish this w/ existing hardware, fine. If
you have an idea that would require additional hardware,
bounce it off me.

Hope I have given enough info, in a clear manner to
answer the query. And Thanxs! for any help.

brett

mirroring/striping hard drives

Post by Willbo » Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:10:40

Hi Brett.
    Well I'm not exactly sure how you have set-up your raid.  You need to
make sure your raid is bootable as identified with an *.  Second in your
bios set up the SCSI to boot before IDE, it should then boot from your
raid-1 array.  The 60GB hdd should then be "D" and the raid "C".  If this
doesn't help more information would be helpful.  Oh lastly download the XP
drivers from Promise
Willboy

Quote:> Hi,