No sound after standby

Post by Jerry Starkhouse » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 21:38:26

Quite regularly when I awaken the computer from Standby I
have no sound.  I cannot access the volume
controls and many programs won't run properly.  If I
connect to the internet (dial up) I won't get the icon
that I'm connected.  Any ideas (beside getting a Mac) how
I can eliminate this problem?

No sound after standby

Post by DE » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 03:09:52

> Quite regularly when I awaken the computer from Standby I
> have no sound.  I cannot access the volume
> controls and many programs won't run properly.  If I
> connect to the internet (dial up) I won't get the icon
> that I'm connected.  Any ideas (beside getting a Mac) how
> I can eliminate this problem?

Is this a laptop?  Has it always been this way?  What other
configuration details can you provide?

-- DE