Problem starting

Post by sheil » Sat, 03 May 2003 05:04:58

Just today - takes at least 10 minutes before getting to
first page.  If I choose a user, its hangs on McAfee Anti-
Virus and can't shut it down, not even from the start
button.  Shut down by turning of power. Start again and
close down from the first page.  Is this a virus? How can
I get my data (mostly Lotus)?  What can I do? Help!!!!

Don't reply to my email because I can't get that far.
Either ph me 905/829-5171 or email me at

Problem starting

Post by Quinoa » Sat, 03 May 2003 05:53:10

Sorry I can't help with your problem -- I don't use McAfee -- but allow me
to give you this advice: A newsgroup is like a crowded bus station. You
wouldn't yell your telephone number or email address into a crowded bus
station, so you shouldn't do it in a newsgroup either.

Quinoa S

> Just today - takes at least 10 minutes before getting to
> first page.  If I choose a user, its hangs on McAfee Anti-
> Virus and can't shut it down, not even from the start
> button.  Shut down by turning of power. Start again and
> close down from the first page.  Is this a virus? How can
> I get my data (mostly Lotus)?  What can I do? Help!!!!

> Don't reply to my email because I can't get that far.
> Either ph me 905/829-5171 or email me at

Problem starting

Post by tigerfis » Sat, 03 May 2003 11:19:06

my mcafee antivirus begins to load after choosing my
username, but hangs until the message appears that some
components are missing. i exit the running program, then
open the mcafee antivirus again, and it works. i don't
know why this happens, but run the task manager, end the
mcafee process, then start the program again from the
start menu under 'mcafee'. btw, thanks for the answer
other readers.

Problem starting

Post by Wislu Plethor » Sat, 03 May 2003 22:57:13

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Sorry I can't help with your problem -- I don't use

McAfee -- but allow me
Quote:>to give you this advice: A newsgroup is like a crowded
bus station. You
>wouldn't yell your telephone number or email address into
a crowded bus
>station, so you shouldn't do it in a newsgroup either.

>Quinoa S

A good analogy, except that bus stations smell better.

Problem starting

Post by Van » Sat, 03 May 2003 23:49:11

Smelled fine in here till YOU arrived, Wislu Plethora!!!!
Quote:>-----Original Message-----

1. Problems starting Media Center

Dear Sirs,
                When I start Media Center I can see that the graphics are
not corrected, shows icon, menus, backgroud with extrange bars.
                My video card is 3d Blaster 4 ti4400 with a Syncmaster 152S
monitor.
                Any idea how to reinstal or correct my Media Center

Thanks Carlos

2. CButton - change background color problem

3. MP 7.1 problems starting

4. NT 3.51 RAS, SLIP, switch.inf, and the 'Done' button

5. Problem starting WMP7.1

6. WFW or Trumpet winsock? Advice sought.

7. problems starting windows.

8. ADOCE for CEPC

9. Problems starting OE due to window asking for "user identity log o

10. Problem starting IE 6

11. Problems starting OE - could not open message store fault 0X800700

12. Problems starting services & enabling cookies in IE 6..etc

13. Problems starting remote access connection manager