Installing OPffice 97

Post by allan grossman ms-mv » Fri, 30 Nov 2001 23:38:25

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 05:46:02 -0800, "Ivor Sheehan"

>Anyone know how to fix this problem? My previous edition
>of Office appears to install ok on a new HP Pavilion (XP
>home edition) but when I go to use Access it says
>that 'there is no user license for Access on this
>machine'.  Meanwhile Word, Powerpoint and Excel invoke ok?
>HP say its a Microsoft problem and Microsoft say its an HP
>problem.

It's a Microsoft problem.  Rename \windows\fonts\hatten.ttf to
something else (like hatten.old) and reinstall Access.

MS' Knowledge Base seems to be acting up this morning so I can't point
you to the exact article.

good luck!
--

allan grossman ms-mvp (windows xp)
associate expert

Installing OPffice 97

Post by Jim Kaderl » Sat, 01 Dec 2001 09:33:59

MS used to have a file called Access Licn97.exe that resolved this.  I used
it before and it solved the problem.  I did not have to use it this time
even on a clean install of XP.  Search on this filename at MS support and
you should find a solution.

> On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 05:46:02 -0800, "Ivor Sheehan"

> >Anyone know how to fix this problem? My previous edition
> >of Office appears to install ok on a new HP Pavilion (XP
> >home edition) but when I go to use Access it says
> >that 'there is no user license for Access on this
> >machine'.  Meanwhile Word, Powerpoint and Excel invoke ok?
> >HP say its a Microsoft problem and Microsoft say its an HP
> >problem.

> It's a Microsoft problem.  Rename \windows\fonts\hatten.ttf to
> something else (like hatten.old) and reinstall Access.

> MS' Knowledge Base seems to be acting up this morning so I can't point
> you to the exact article.

> good luck!
> --

> allan grossman ms-mvp (windows xp)
> associate expert
> expert zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

Installing OPffice 97

Post by HlpDs » Sat, 01 Dec 2001 11:20:29

Here is the Article:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q141/3/73.asp

Quote:> Anyone know how to fix this problem? My previous edition