No "Change/Remove" button on "Add/Remove Software"

No "Change/Remove" button on "Add/Remove Software"

Post by Jeffre » Mon, 09 Dec 2002 14:58:44

When I go to the Add/Remove programs control pannel
applet to uninstall a software program, but it won't let
me uninstall. When I click on the software "Microsoft
itouch v.2.2 keyboard software", the "Change/Remove"
button is not displayed. After I checked several other
entries on the Add/Remove list, I found that almost all
software listed does not provide me with
the "Change/Remove" button, and hence, I am unable to
uninstall anything from the Control Pannel. I am the
admimistrator with full power on my machine, and I was
able to uninstall through the control pannel before. How
do I get the "Change/Remove" button to be displayed?

No "Change/Remove" button on "Add/Remove Software"

Post by Jorda » Mon, 09 Dec 2002 16:39:39

From http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm :

Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:  (The first one is per
user, the second, per system)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Uninst
all]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Unins
tall]

Create a new DWORD value for the restriction below. Set the value to equal
"0" to disable the restriction.

NoRemovePage - Disable Change and Remove Programs

You may need to restart Windows for the changes to take effect.

--
Jordan

> When I go to the Add/Remove programs control pannel
> applet to uninstall a software program, but it won't let
> me uninstall. When I click on the software "Microsoft
> itouch v.2.2 keyboard software", the "Change/Remove"
> button is not displayed. After I checked several other
> entries on the Add/Remove list, I found that almost all
> software listed does not provide me with
> the "Change/Remove" button, and hence, I am unable to
> uninstall anything from the Control Pannel. I am the
> admimistrator with full power on my machine, and I was
> able to uninstall through the control pannel before. How
> do I get the "Change/Remove" button to be displayed?

1. "Change/Remove" button does not display in "Add/Remove" Programs

When I go to the Add/Remove programs control pannel
applet to uninstall a software program, but it won't let
me uninstall. When I click on the software "Microsoft
itouch v.2.2 keyboard software", the "Change/Remove"
button is not displayed. After I checked several other
entries on the Add/Remove list, I found that almost all
software listed does not provide me with
the "Change/Remove" button, and hence, I am unable to
uninstall anything from the Control Pannel. I am the
admimistrator with full power on my machine, and I was
able to uninstall through the control pannel before. How
do I get the "Change/Remove" button to be displayed?

2. join WMV9 avi files

3. "My Documents" folder & "Add/Remove Programs" missing!

4. Recording TV

5. "Add/Remove Windows components" give "Copy Error"

6. attachments in email

7. Removing invalid entry in "Add/Remove Software"

8. Transfer contacts, messages,etc. on same computer for dummies

9. How to remove a Software Title from "Add or Remove Programs"

10. How to remove the programs that cannot be removed by "add/remove program" options

11. |||||"""" How do I lock a CDROM """"|||||

12. "OE" removed access to "unsafe" attachments

13. "OE has removed "unsafe" attachments"...