help with audio player

Post by Nicolas Morale » Wed, 24 Oct 2001 11:36:42

Hi all,

I just installed the powertoys for winxp and put the audio player on the
task bar.

My problem is: When i try to play a MP3 file with the audio player, it just
blows up the explorer.exe, automatically restarting it. After trying with a
lot of diferent mp3 files i tried a .wma file, and the audio player works
without any problem.

I guess it can be 2 things:

1- the "obvious": The thing only works with wma (wouldn't be that strange?
:\ )
2- The "maybe" : I have a a third party mp3 encoder/decoder (codec) called
fraunhofer MP3 installed. Is that thing interfering with the audio player?

If you have any information refering to this issue please let me know

Thanks

NM

help with audio player

Post by Eric Longstaf » Wed, 24 Oct 2001 23:42:44

The shell audio player never really worked correctly, which is why it was
left out of the final powertoys.  I had issues with MP3's that had album art
included with the ID3 v2 tags.  I would stick with WMP or Winamp.

elo

Quote:> Hi all,

> I just installed the powertoys for winxp and put the audio player on the
> task bar.

> My problem is: When i try to play a MP3 file with the audio player, it
just
> blows up the explorer.exe, automatically restarting it. After trying with
> lot of diferent mp3 files i tried a .wma file, and the audio player works
> without any problem.

> I guess it can be 2 things:

> 1- the "obvious": The thing only works with wma (wouldn't be that strange?
> :\ )
> 2- The "maybe" : I have a a third party mp3 encoder/decoder (codec) called
> fraunhofer MP3 installed. Is that thing interfering with the audio player?

> If you have any information refering to this issue please let me know

> Thanks

> NM

1. Audio recorder and audio player help needed.....

Hi gang,

Actualy I'm developping a client-server software for my office.  I'm
using Visual C++ 5.0
and of course the Microsoft Fondation Class.  In the software I have to
transfer voice
in .WAV format with basic streaming.  Actually I've no time time to
develop the audio section
because I'm to busy with the CGI

QUESTION

Where I could find public source code (C or C++) of an audio recorder
and audio player wich can take the
voice over the soud card micro and put all the entire samples WAV file
in memory at once.
Of course the audio player will take the buffer .WAV format an simply
play it.

I've found aroud 100 audio player/recorder but no ones with the source
code.  Why I need the source code?
I'have my soud compression functions wich take .WAV buffer.

Tanks in advance.

Sylvain Champagne
System analyst

2. Browser or Server

3. Music CD Audio Player can't see MCI AUDIO!

4. Menus in multi-view app

5. Windows Media Player Audio Problem need help.

6. IE 6.0

7. please help: audio distorted when playing embedded media player mp3

8. Unable to email file

9. Media Player Audio Problems, little help?

10. no audio on 7.1 real player worked but not media player ??

11. HELP - no audio on Windows Media Player!

12. Help--How to play multicast audio using media player ?

13. Windows Media Player for XP - Help burning audio cd's