printer

Post by mark » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 21:52:38

could you tell me how to clean the printer heads as it
has been left standing

printer

Post by John Barnett - MV » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 23:11:14

I assume you mean the printer cartridge heads? It is not
wise to manually clean these as you can damage the
delicate membrane. My first advice is to check your
printer manual. I'n not sure about other printer
manufacturer's but Hewlett Packard printers usually have
a button marked 'clean' which cleans the printer head.
Check your pinter to see if such a button exists and then
try that.

Hope this helps

John Barnett - MVP
Associate Expert

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>could you tell me how to clean the printer heads as it
>has been left standing
>.

1. Can't print out to network printer if local printer is set as default printer

Hi,

 I am using Win XP and have a HP Laser JEt 5L printer
attached to it locally. When I try to print to a network
printer, I can only print if I set the network printer as
default. If the local printer is set as default even when
I choose the option at print window to print to the
network printer instead. It will still print to the local
printer. But if i change the default printer to the
network printer, it works. After testing so, now when I
print to the local printer, it has slown down
tremendously. How do I solve this ? I'm thinking I don't
have the right driver ? Thank You.

2. REQ: Windows 95 Registry documentation

3. Win XP (Unable to install printer) can not get past add printer

4. Hardware plug in notification

5. Printers and Faxes window fails to show printers

6. NT 3.5 RAS Dialing Noise-How Stop?

7. Deleted printer remains in printers folder

8. Remote Desktop setup

9. Is there a way to delete a printer without going through the Printers/Fax Window

10. Printer Logs/Printer Auditing

11. Can't access printer options of network printer attached to Windows ME system

12. Network Printing - Doesn't Work, Can't Delete Printer, Can't Install Printer

13. shared printer issue - dillusional printer