Newly installed programs still highlighted

Newly installed programs still highlighted

Post by Crai » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:34:50

Hi all,

I have installed several programs.  They remain
highlighted in the start menu even after accessing and
rebooting.  How long are they to remain highlighted?

I know about disabling feature, but cannot find info on
this feature and how its supposed to work.  I have
downloaded the latest drivers.

Thanks in advance,

Craig

Newly installed programs still highlighted

Post by Mochtar van de Griend » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:06:34

Hello,

You can safely disable this feature by doing the following;

Rightclick your taskbar and click "Properties"
Next select the 2nd tab; "Start menu"
Now click on the button that says "Adjust" or "Modify"
(pardon me since I am only capable of accessing a Dutch
version of Windows XP at the moment - bu there only is one
button there so it's quite evident I hope)

In this new window click on the tab that says "Advanced"
and there, untick the option called "Highlight newly
installed programs"

Click on "OK" and "OK" to return to your desktop. This
should then have disable the feature to highlight newly
installed programs.

Hope this helps,
Mochtar van de Griendt

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi all,

>I have installed several programs.  They remain
>highlighted in the start menu even after accessing and
>rebooting.  How long are they to remain highlighted?

>I know about disabling feature, but cannot find info on
>this feature and how its supposed to work.  I have
>downloaded the latest drivers.

>Thanks in advance,

>Craig
>.

Newly installed programs still highlighted

Post by Kell » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:09:31

Hi Craig,

Most users just disable the function, when activation doesn't help.

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP
[AE-Windows? XP]

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

Quote:> Hi all,