media player 'windows cannot open this file' error

media player 'windows cannot open this file' error

Post by Dave » Mon, 21 Oct 2002 21:58:05

Hi.

Gotta prob with windows media player.

Latest version, double click a mp3 file on my list and
window pop up says 'windows cannot open this file'.

'To open this file windows needs to know what program
created it'.

Used to be able just to double click file and media
player would play automatically.

Any ideas on what i need to do to be able to double click
file again for media player to auto open?

Thanx for any reply.

media player 'windows cannot open this file' error

Post by zachd [ms » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 02:23:12

 http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html#playall
would be my suspicion, if it only affects double-clicking.

See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
Mail to this account will bounce - use the newsgroups.
Following up to your post with the resolution is helpful.
--

Quote:> Hi.

Post by Sonia Castaned » Wed, 23 Oct 2002 11:05:20

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi.

>Gotta prob with windows media player.

>Latest version, double click a mp3 file on my list and
>window pop up says 'windows cannot open this file'.

>'To open this file windows needs to know what program
>created it'.

>Used to be able just to double click file and media
>player would play automatically.

>Any ideas on what i need to do to be able to double
click
>file again for media player to auto open?

>Thanx for any reply.
>.

1. error C1083: cannot open include file:'ndis.h' No such file or directory.

Question 1:
I wrote a NIC driver for WindowsCE. When I build the
selected feature
from PlatformBuilder4.01, errors appear:

Platform header files are up-to-date...
Performing Additional Build Actions...
Srcgen D:\Silance PDATRY D:\Working\PdaTry\WINCE410
\Emulator\cesysgen
BUILD: Compile and link for X86.
BUILD: Loading D:\Silance\Build.dat...
BUILD: Computing Include file dependencies:
BUILD: Examing d:\Silance directory for files to compile.
d:\Silance
BUILD: Building generated files in d:\Silance
BUILD: Examing d:\Silance directory for files to compile.
(2nd Pass)
d:\Silance
d:\Silance -12 source files (3,316 lines)
BUILD: Compiling d:\Silance directory
Compiling -d:\Silance\.\init.c for x86
d:\Silance\.\precomp.h(16): error C1083: cannot open
include file:
'ndis.h' No such file or directory.

My precomp.h is like this:
#ifndef ___PRECOMP___H__
#define ___PRECOMP___H__
#include <ndis.h>
#include <function.h>
#include <maindef.h>
#endif
I included the precomp.h file in my init.c.

Question 2:
I added the ndis5.1 feature to my platform from the
catalog. When I
build my platform, no problems occur. But when I select
the ndis5.1
feature and build the selected feature, the problem comes:
Error PB2504: Error spawning
#(C:\WinCEKits\WINCE410\private\winceos\COMM\ndis51
\netcompat)
build.exe
I checked the directory 'C:\WinCEKits\WINCE410
\private\winceos\COMM'
and found no '\ndis51' under it.
What's wrong with my NIC driver? Or are there any other
problems I
make? Thanks a lot.

2. office 2000 templates and XP Pro

3. Windows Media Player 6.4 Error cannot open .asx file

4. BAK files/ accidently deleted

5. How to clear the 'opened files' history in media player 7.1 ?

6. DVD/CD drive locking up

7. Can't open file error Media Player 9 Win XP Pro

8. ActiveSync 3.1 via USB; not detected?

9. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libci.lib'

10. LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libcpmt.lib'

11. Cannot burn playlist with AU files using Win XP's Windows Media Player 8.0?

12. Windows Media Player 6.4 doesn't play files opened for writing