Windows-XP Back-ups

Post by Joe Contard » Mon, 26 May 2003 21:17:37

I am running Windows-XP Home Edition and do not have back-
up as an option under accessories\System Tools. Is this
normal  and if not, how can I install it? The registered
XP install disk that I have does not have back-up listed

Thank-you

Windows-XP Back-ups

Post by Rick » Mon, 26 May 2003 21:40:34

Hi Joe,

Sorry, no support by e-mail....

WinXP Home does not install Ntbackup by default, you need to add it from teh CD. IF it is not included with your version, you should ask the system manufacturer. See:

HOW TO: Install Backup from the CD-ROM in Windows XP Home [Q302894]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302894

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

> I am running Windows-XP Home Edition and do not have back-
> up as an option under accessories\System Tools. Is this
> normal  and if not, how can I install it? The registered
> XP install disk that I have does not have back-up listed

> Thank-you

1. Scheduled Back-ups in XP Pro

I've just noticed that my daily scheduled back-ups, which ran
successfully for over a month, stopped working about a week ago.

As close as I can tell, this was about the time I had set up a second
(limited) user account on my machine to test a new installation and
running option I was trying out.

I have recently been running without a password so, since I knew that
this could sometimes cause problems, I gave myself one again. It didn't
work.

I deleted the limited user account. It didn't work.

I tried with the 'Scheduled Tasks' window open in front of me. I didn't
even get a 'reason for failure' there when the scheduled time came up.
Absolutely nothing happened.

I tried the identical back-up, this time running it immediately instead
of scheduling it. It worked perfectly.

What is going on here?
--
Alan M Dunsmuir

2. None of my games run in W

3. Size of back-ups

4. Please Help..Lost data by using Microsoft Anti-Virus

5. how to(back-ups)

6. Partitioning

7. Back-Ups

8. FYI: Remote (Internet) Exchange clients

9. file back-ups

10. multi CD back-ups ???

11. Recovering old back-ups

12. Back-Ups