XP Home Problems Booting...

Post by Mark Panizz » Fri, 29 Mar 2002 22:19:45

Every 4 or 5 boots/restarts my new computer hangs on the Loading XP Home
screen. When I finally get it up and running I find the following errors in
Event Viewer/Applications:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: EventSystem
Event Category: (50)
Event ID: 4609
Date:  24/03/2002
Time:  3:54:46 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: ARWEN
The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal
processing.  HRESULT was 8007043C from line 44 of
d:\nt\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp.  Please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

Followed by:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: VSS
Event Category: None
Event ID: 8193
Date:  24/03/2002
Time:  3:54:46 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: ARWEN
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine
CoCreateInstance.  hr = 0x80040206.

How can I stop these errors occurring and presumably the computer*?

Please Help

1. I want to duel boot xp pro and home right now home boots off C

but I cannot change the diable option from disk mangement,
thats where I am, if you'd like to tell me any steps to
take after that please do. If not I'll see you people when
I am right back typing in step 2.

"I am William Wallace"

2. sub menus

3. Dual booting with XP home English and XP home Japanese

4. EnableItem Question

5. XP Home - Slow boot on dual boot system

6. Mac and W95 through TCP/IP anybody?

7. Problem booting XP home

8. FADE IN TONEXT TRACK

9. Win XP Home Boot problem