IIS cannot have more than one virtual web site

IIS cannot have more than one virtual web site

Post by Ognyan Kule » Thu, 07 Mar 2002 23:24:58

Why IIS snap-in doesn't allow me to create new virtual web server?

IIS cannot have more than one virtual web site

Post by Robert Moi » Thu, 07 Mar 2002 23:47:23

Quote:> Why IIS snap-in doesn't allow me to create new virtual web server?

Because XP is a workstation operating system and that functionality is only
available on a server operating system.

Post by Ognyan Kule » Thu, 07 Mar 2002 23:50:30

>>Why IIS snap-in doesn't allow me to create new virtual web server?

> Because XP is a workstation operating system and that functionality is only
> available on a server operating system.

Hm, probably MS included IIS only because of Visual Studio.NET.

Post by Robert Moi » Fri, 08 Mar 2002 01:05:54

> >>Why IIS snap-in doesn't allow me to create new virtual web server?

> > Because XP is a workstation operating system and that functionality is
only
> > available on a server operating system.

> Hm, probably MS included IIS only because of Visual Studio.NET.

IIS has always been included and always had this limitation on NT / 2000
workstation class operating systems.

Robert Moir, Microsoft Windows 2000/NT MVP
To search the MS Knowledge base use the link below:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/search/c.asp?PSL=1
My Homepage - http://www.robertmoir.co.uk
** Emailed questions will not be answered **

1. Selected Web Sites will not display, Web Site cannot be found.

IE6 with all available updates running on Windows XP Home
with a Verisign Class 1 Certificate does not
display "www.cardmemberservices.com" or other Bank One
Web Sites.

IE5 running on Windows 2000 with an administrators CA
Root Certificate displays the indicated web site without
any apparent difficulty.

The IE6 difficulty started 2 days ago.  What should I
look at to resolve the difficulty.  Advanced, Security
Settings are similar in both cases.  Bank One customer
service says the problem is in my computer.

Thanks,
Bob

2. Which userto use

3. can i host more then one web site off one IP?

4. Help: Error Message, "Divide by Zero..."

5. having troubles accessing some web sites (hotmail,too)

6. Web Page Emails without Images

7. having trouble loading secure web sites

8. Does smart tee filter really have only one output pin?

9. Anybody else having trouble with this web site?

10. "Virtual" FTP sites under IIS?

11. Web Page/Site Behind All Selected Web Sites

12. web site is not displayed after clicking web site link

13. Web site that demonstrates what info can be obtained from web site hit??