Bad Image Checksum, any ideas?

Post by Zack » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:53:18

If anyone can help me, when I boot my computer, it stops
at a certain point and says
Stop: c0000221  {Bad Image Checksum}
USERENV.dll is possibly corrupt.  The header checksum
does not match the computed checksum.
It is not the typical blue screen, but I still tried
restarting it in safe mode and the same message came up.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Zack

Bad Image Checksum, any ideas?

Post by Mark L. Ferguso » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:57:32

Start the operating system from the CD-ROM,

When the computer starts from the CD, the system checks your hardware

and then prompts you to select one of the following options:

To set up Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

Press ENTER.

Press F8 to accept the Licensing Agreement.

A box lists your current Windows XP installation, and then the system

prompts you to select one of the following options:

To repair the selected Windows XP installation, press R.

To continue installing a fresh copy of Windows XP without repairing, press ESC.

Press R to start the automatic repair process. After repairing Windows XP,

you may need re-download all updates.

--
Mark L. Ferguson   TabletPC MVP

All email without "QZ" in the subject line will be automatically deleted.
marfer's notes for XP  >  http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/xp_notes.htm
.

Quote:> If anyone can help me, when I boot my computer, it stops
> at a certain point and says
> Stop: c0000221  {Bad Image Checksum}
> USERENV.dll is possibly corrupt.  The header checksum
> does not match the computed checksum.
> It is not the typical blue screen, but I still tried
> restarting it in safe mode and the same message came up.
> Can anyone help me?

> Thanks,
> Zack

1. bad image checksum

I tried to start my computer, the xp loading screen came
up but then a blue screen comes up saying
stop:c000221 [bad image checksum] The image shell32.dll
is possibly corrupt. The header checksum does not match
the computed check sum.

and now I cant get passed this, NOt even into safe mode.
please help thanks, alicia

2. STOP Messages! Help!

3. Bad image checksum

4. Really Stuck!! can't import trusted certificate to IE 6?

5. XP Problem - STOP: c000021 {bad image checksum}

6. error cannot find openm.exe

7. WinXP PC won't boot: Error Stop: c0000221 Bad Image Checksum...

8. xlisp 21g for windows ce

9. Bad Image Checksum

10. Stop Error: C0000221 Bad Image Checksum

11. {bad image checksum}

12. "Bad Image Checksum" error - msvcrt.dll

13. STOP: C0000221 {Bad Image Checksum} ?