problem in download

Post by sures » Wed, 14 Aug 2002 06:14:12

iam gettting a set up problem after downloading EASY CD
CREATOR BASIC 5.
message-intilaization failure.
will you please help me to fix the problem.
thanks.

problem in download

Post by Michael S » Wed, 14 Aug 2002 06:41:28

From where did you download Easy CD Creator 5 Basic?  If you downloaded the
update from the Roxio site, that requires Easy CD Creator Basic to be
already installed on your system.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP Windows XP
Microsoft MVP Program:

Quote:> iam gettting a set up problem after downloading EASY CD
> CREATOR BASIC 5.
> message-intilaization failure.
> will you please help me to fix the problem.
> thanks.

problem in download

Post by taha » Wed, 14 Aug 2002 07:59:58

RIo's website has a updated their software on their web
site, u can download it for free if u have a qualifying
product already on your computer

   lemme know if it works
                  taha

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>iam gettting a set up problem after downloading EASY CD
>CREATOR BASIC 5.
>message-intilaization failure.
>will you please help me to fix the problem.
>thanks.
>.

problem in download

Post by Mark Sallowa » Wed, 14 Aug 2002 08:31:05

Have you downloaded the entire program or is this a patch? If its a patch do
you have the full easy cd 5 basic install?

--
:)

Mark Salloway
Associate Expert

Quote:> iam gettting a set up problem after downloading EASY CD
> CREATOR BASIC 5.
> message-intilaization failure.
> will you please help me to fix the problem.
> thanks.

1. Prevent file download / INS problems advice sought.

Hi,

I am creating a IE 5.1 custom browser build for use in our school this will
be our second custom build (last was ie4). We have around 160 PC's all
connecting to our Intranet server and the Internet via our proxy server -
our web server is good old PWS 7 & Netscape Enterprise server.

We have had lots of problems with pupils hogging bandwidth by downloading
software / mp3's etc, we wish to stop this. Our proxy server software allows
us to disable FTP and we have done this but they can still download through
HTTP. I have tested a build with the disable download/save as flag set using
IEAK and this works OK but prevents our pupils downloading files from our
Intranet (Excel/Word/Access files and a few .exe's).

So is it possible to disable file download via the Internet whilst allowing
downloads from the local Intranet - how can this be achieved?

After building a flat custom build I have used the profile manager to create
two infs, cabs (as reqd) one is intended to tie down the Browser for pupil
use the other ins is for staff allowing them greater features. I have copied
the .infs & cabs to our web server and set the URL in ieak5.

It now takes ages and lots of disk grinding before starting up with a
message telling me that the pics / content ratings have been tampered with
and advising that I re import them, also it appears to be ignoring changes
in the .INS files. My test station is Win98 & previously had ie5 installed
with content advisor on. Any thoughts as to what may be causing these
problems?

To finish a couple of problems which we have seen with ie5. We have content
advisor enabled on all our pc's and we allow sites without ratings to be
viewed. Every few days one of our 100+ pc's  browser decides that  it won't
allow users to see sites that are not rated and when the settings are
verified the allow users to see sites without ratings uncheck's itself - we
have fixed this problem via a registry patch which we distribute to all
stations via ZEN works on user login - is this a MS bug?

We have also seen a loss of right mouse click menu on a number of stations,
this has caused mega problems and oddly one hour it will work the next it
won't - again a registry patch was required - is this another MS bug?

Off topic but we have a problem in that office 2000 set to save in 95 format
fails to save any clipart / pictures pasted into a document (we use win95
format for compatibility with our office 95 based stations), yet our office
95 stations correctly saves pictures pasted into a document. We have found
that rtf format works correctly but I don't fancy re-installing office 2000
on 80 ish pc's, is there a quick registry key that we can change to specify
the default file format (word 2000)?

Thanks  in advance for comments / ideas / thoughts / advice.

Regards

Andrew Dunlop
The McAuley Catholic High School

2. What's starting.....?

3. downloading plug-ins

4. Multimedia Class

5. Downloading plug ins

6. How Manage "resources" in WFWG?

7. I can't download plug-ins for RealPlayer

8. IE6 cannot display XML

9. ICW Signup doesn't download .ins file

10. *.ins/*.cab settings not downloading

11. Download ins File

12. downloaded ".ins" file failing to change PC for new ISP

13. How do you stop users from downloading plug-ins