Here is what I did (in exact order):
- Installed Windows XP Professional on a newly formatted drive (NTFS).
- Nothing else is installed!!! (only Windows XP)
- Created a limited user account
(in addition to the account used to install the system).
- Logged on using the limited user account.
- Accessed a shared volume (Samba on a Linux, requires
both userid and password, plain text password is enabled).
- While supplying the password, checked the "remember my password"
- Gained access to the shared volume - works perfectly.
- Logged off.
- Logged on again, using the limited user account.
- Tried to access the same shared volume mentioned above.
- SURPRISINGLY, received the same prompt for userid and password
AS IF I HAVE NEVER CHECKED the "remember my password" checkbox.
- If I type again the userid and password I gain the same perfect
HOWEVER, Windows XP NEVER REMEMBERS my password. WHY???
I had not invoked Outlook Express or Internet Explorer even once!!!
No other application is installed on the system!!!
What can I do to make Windows XP (Professional) remember my password?
It is very annoying to have re-enter the shared volume password again
and again after log on.
Thank you so much in advance,