Netscape won't launch due to netscp.exe- bad image error

Netscape won't launch due to netscp.exe- bad image error

Post by lisa » Sun, 15 Dec 2002 01:13:15

Please help - thankfully I also have IE installed so can
still get most new emails, but many saved emails for my
business are stranded in saved netscape mail folders as I
am suddenly unable to launch netscape browser or email.
My husband used my computer to go on pogo.com, he
remembers trying to play a new game that required he
install something for it to work, and the next thing we
know, this message comes up and we are unable to launch
the browser or email for netscape:
netscp.exe - Bad Image
the application or DLL C:program files\netscape\netscape 6
\components\_vti_cnf\jar50.dll is not a valid windows
image. please check against your installation diskette.

when u hit OK to close this error box, another message
will come up - very similar but the part after netscape 6
\ changes referencing another file - and then the balance
of the mess. is the same.
HELP
what did we do, can we undo it, do we need to re-load
something we accidentally removed or what?
any help would be appreciated...

Netscape won't launch due to netscp.exe- bad image error

Post by Mark L. Ferguso » Sun, 15 Dec 2002 01:24:01

Outlook Express File menu, Import, Messages,
choose the Netscape type mail messages (Eudora?)
Point at the files.

--
Mark L. Ferguson   TabletPC MVP

All email without "QZ" in the subject line will be automatically deleted.
marfer's notes for XP  >  http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/xp_notes.htm
.

> Please help - thankfully I also have IE installed so can
> still get most new emails, but many saved emails for my
> business are stranded in saved netscape mail folders as I
> am suddenly unable to launch netscape browser or email.
> My husband used my computer to go on pogo.com, he
> remembers trying to play a new game that required he
> install something for it to work, and the next thing we
> know, this message comes up and we are unable to launch
> the browser or email for netscape:
> netscp.exe - Bad Image
> the application or DLL C:program files\netscape\netscape 6
> \components\_vti_cnf\jar50.dll is not a valid windows
> image. please check against your installation diskette.

> when u hit OK to close this error box, another message
> will come up - very similar but the part after netscape 6
> \ changes referencing another file - and then the balance
> of the mess. is the same.
> HELP
> what did we do, can we undo it, do we need to re-load
> something we accidentally removed or what?
> any help would be appreciated...

1. Netscp.exe encounter a problem... questions?

I have Netscape 7 on a Windows XP notebook computer with a wireless
network to my PC. I have no problem opening pages on the notebook but
when I try to print a page to my PC's printer ( via the wireless
network) I get the error message.... Netscp.exe has encountered a
problem and needs to close"  Then it trys to send a error report and
keeps opening the Netscape Quality Feedback Agent.  I also keep
getting a window that says the  sending status.

What am I doing wrong that casues Netscape to close and how can I fix
it?

Thanks for your help

pk

2. Media Player 9 vs. 7

3. WinXP PC won't boot: Error Stop: c0000221 Bad Image Checksum...

4. Having problems with pop-up windows

5. Netscape locks up NETSCAPE.LCK, won't launch

6. Sloooow CDROM access....

7. 'Bad Image' Media Player error message

8. History not saved

9. 'Bad image' error message on MS Media Player

10. Error Lsass.exe-bad image cryptdll.dll

11. Error lsass.exe-bad image cryptdll.dll

12. Win 95 won't launch dialer with Netscape

13. XP won't run my Netscape 4.79 exe file that I used on Win 98