New Hard Drive/Mobo/Proc

Post by Marc Grabansk » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 13:18:34

I would like to transfer ALL of my files and my OS
(Windows XP Home Edition) to another (new) hard drive
that has ATA100 support.  I am wondering if windows XP
will have a problem with distributing all of its files to
another hard drive if i hook them both up in one
computer.  Will it cause problems?  What steps do you
recommend to do when I make this upgrade?  I am thinking
that windows won't let me do this because of the product
registration and what not.  Before I do anything I would
like to know what steps I should take.  Thank you.

-Marc

New Hard Drive/Mobo/Proc

Post by Thorsten Matzne » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 06:22:15

>I would like to transfer ALL of my files and my OS
>(Windows XP Home Edition) to another (new) hard drive
>that has ATA100 support.  I am wondering if windows XP
>will have a problem with distributing all of its files to
>another hard drive if i hook them both up in one
>computer.  Will it cause problems?  What steps do you
>recommend to do when I make this upgrade?  I am thinking
>that windows won't let me do this because of the product
>registration and what not.  Before I do anything I would
>like to know what steps I should take.

See "How to Move a Windows XP Installation to Different Hardware"
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q314070).

--
(tm)

1. new system new hard drive old hard drive data copied best way

Comp tech built me a system with win 98. My old system
had viruses. Copied all my old forms and business stuff
onto new hard drive.  Loaded all my software back on
office 2000 and didn't leave me with any disks and won't
call me back. I can't copy or print or do anything.  It
has a big hard drive only he split it up into a couple of
drives, c:\ is really small and all the gigs are on the
other drives.  When I want to shut it down I have to hold
the power button down for a real long time. Now I want to
buy my own version of XP and load it on.  What is the
best way of doing this.  I have an honest comp. guy to
help me and another system I can cable to save stuff if
needed.

2. Unable to get or view messages after XP SP 2

3. WinXP, and installing new mobo and hard drive

4. Forced Close after two or three web pages

5. Adding new hard drive, copying old drive to new drive

6. Maybe I am dumb

7. Mobo / Proc compatible?

8. problems with scannersoftware

9. Copying old hard drive to new hard drive

10. copy contents of old hard drive to new hard drive?

11. copy hard drive to new hard drive

12. COPY WHOLE HARD DRIVE TO NEW HARD DRIVE

13. Transfering files on one hard drive to a new hard drive.