System restore will not restore from restore points?

System restore will not restore from restore points?

Post by Pierce Lync » Tue, 01 Jan 2002 02:05:11

Whenever I try to restore from a restore point, on reboot xp says
"restoration incomplete"!! Very werid, tried in safe mode and had no luck!!

Config:

Athlon 1800 (1.533ghz)
512 mb ram
2 x 100gb hdd

System restore will not restore from restore points?

Post by Donal » Tue, 01 Jan 2002 03:02:10

I had the same problem. I did a clean boot of Windows Xp.I disabled system
restore, then rebooted. I enabled system restore, then created a new restore
point. When I restored from that point it worked. I hope this helps.
Donald

Quote:> Whenever I try to restore from a restore point, on reboot xp says
> "restoration incomplete"!! Very werid, tried in safe mode and had no
luck!!

> Config:

> Athlon 1800 (1.533ghz)
> 512 mb ram
> 2 x 100gb hdd

System restore will not restore from restore points?

Post by Care » Tue, 01 Jan 2002 03:32:06

Start > Run and type in:   msconfig   , and hit enter.  This will bring up your System
Configuration Utility.  Go to the "Services" tab and scroll down to "System Restore
Service" and place a check in the box next to it, then hit "Apply" and then reboot.

After rebooting, go back  and see if "System Restore Service" is now running.

Also, go to the "Services" folder in Administrative Tools (in Control Panel) and scroll
down to "System Restore Service" and make sure it is running.  If its not, right click on
this service and select "Start".

System restore will not restore from restore points?

Post by Pierce Lync » Tue, 01 Jan 2002 05:36:21

The system restore service is running, and it attempts to restore.  But it
is when it restarts, it displays the message Restoration Incomplete!!

I haven't got a clue why, and i have tried safe mode!

Pierce

Quote:> Start > Run and type in:   msconfig   , and hit enter.  This will bring up
your System
> Configuration Utility.  Go to the "Services" tab and scroll down to
"System Restore
> Service" and place a check in the box next to it, then hit "Apply" and
then reboot.

> After rebooting, go back  and see if "System Restore Service" is now
running.

> Also, go to the "Services" folder in Administrative Tools (in Control
Panel) and scroll
> down to "System Restore Service" and make sure it is running.  If its not,
right click on
> this service and select "Start".

1. system restore will not restore any restore points

could some one please help me i cannot restore my pc
using system restore every time i choose a highlighted
restore point it goes through the process reboots it self
then tells me no changes could be made to my pc also i am
unable to access the help and support feature on my pc
every time i click on it it does nothing.
some one please help its driving me mad.

2. Error starting program

3. System Restore - Will not create restore point

4. Registry read/write

5. System Restore will not creat restore point

6. Installing OPffice 97

7. System restore is not able to create a restore point

8. Is it my imagination?

9. System Restore points not able to restore...

10. System Restore is not able to create a restore point?

11. System Restore will not restore from set points

12. no automatic restore points on System Restore