graphics card

Post by ewa56 » Sun, 18 Jun 2006 11:53:15

hi guy's wondering if any one can help.i have at present a nvidia
gigabyte 6800gs ddr3 256mb pci-e card and running fs2004,the sys was
built for this program.after alot of hardware changes i have come to
the conclusion that maybe this card is not the right one for this
game.no matter how i set fs2004 up or set the the vid card settings up
i just get bad performance lots of stuttering and micro pausing so
fustrating.would going up to a say 7300 ddr2 266mb pci-e card would
make a difference i dont know maybe some one out there has a
susgestion,guy's i have tried everthing out there tweaks mod drivers no
overclocking tho try to stay away from that,sys AMD 64BIT 3500 120GB
SATAH/DRIVE MOB A8N-SLI PREMUIM ASUS BRAND hope someone can help or
there could be a cheap comp being sold cheers mark

graphics card

Post by Thomas Wendel » Sun, 18 Jun 2006 17:56:00

http://www.rojakpot.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=88&pgno=1

is a good table for GPUs...

I wouldn't change from 6800gs to 7300 as you'll loose :
Vertex pipelines (6800=5  7300=3)
Pixel pipelines (12 vs 4)
Pixel shader engine (12 vs 8)

unless the GPU is that much better handling these things...
If you have a 6800gs, the minimum would be 7600GT or 7800GS, but with the
prices here, I'd think hard, long and at least twice before that....

--
Tumppi
=================================

Quote:> hi guy's wondering if any one can help.i have at present a nvidia
> gigabyte 6800gs ddr3 256mb pci-e card and running fs2004,the sys was
> built for this program.after alot of hardware changes i have come to
> the conclusion that maybe this card is not the right one for this
> game.no matter how i set fs2004 up or set the the vid card settings up
> i just get bad performance lots of stuttering and micro pausing so
> fustrating.would going up to a say 7300 ddr2 266mb pci-e card would
> make a difference i dont know maybe some one out there has a
> susgestion,guy's i have tried everthing out there tweaks mod drivers no
> overclocking tho try to stay away from that,sys AMD 64BIT 3500 120GB
> SATAH/DRIVE MOB A8N-SLI PREMUIM ASUS BRAND hope someone can help or
> there could be a cheap comp being sold cheers mark

graphics card

Post by ewa56 » Sun, 18 Jun 2006 20:55:44

thanks thomas mate i dont know what to do mate it driving me nut's mate
i have tried every tweak under the sun but to no avail it seems fs2004
just is not agreeing with this card cheers mark

> http://www.rojakpot.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=88&pgno=1

> is a good table for GPUs...

> I wouldn't change from 6800gs to 7300 as you'll loose :
> Vertex pipelines (6800=5  7300=3)
> Pixel pipelines (12 vs 4)
> Pixel shader engine (12 vs 8)

> unless the GPU is that much better handling these things...
> If you have a 6800gs, the minimum would be 7600GT or 7800GS, but with the
> prices here, I'd think hard, long and at least twice before that....

> thanks thomas mate i dont know what to do mate it driving me nut's mate

i have tried every tweak under the sun but to no avail it seems fs2004
just is not agreeing with this card cheers mark

> --
> Tumppi
> =================================
> Most learned on these newsgroups
> Helsinki, FINLAND
> (translations from/to FI not always accurate
> =================================

> > hi guy's wondering if any one can help.i have at present a nvidia
> > gigabyte 6800gs ddr3 256mb pci-e card and running fs2004,the sys was
> > built for this program.after alot of hardware changes i have come to
> > the conclusion that maybe this card is not the right one for this
> > game.no matter how i set fs2004 up or set the the vid card settings up
> > i just get bad performance lots of stuttering and micro pausing so
> > fustrating.would going up to a say 7300 ddr2 266mb pci-e card would
> > make a difference i dont know maybe some one out there has a
> > susgestion,guy's i have tried everthing out there tweaks mod drivers no
> > overclocking tho try to stay away from that,sys AMD 64BIT 3500 120GB
> > SATAH/DRIVE MOB A8N-SLI PREMUIM ASUS BRAND hope someone can help or
> > there could be a cheap comp being sold cheers mark

graphics card

Post by pshnfr » Sun, 18 Jun 2006 21:34:01

For what it's worth, I had many performance issues with a 6600GT, also tried
all the tweaks and all the different driver versions recommended at
http://www.guru3d.com/ , at the end of the day the latest driver from the
card assembler (Sparkle) fixed all.  Although the version number for the
Sparkle driver was the same as the NVidia driver, the file size was different
and the result was different.  Have you checked for updated drivers at
Gigabyte?

> thanks thomas mate i dont know what to do mate it driving me nut's mate
> i have tried every tweak under the sun but to no avail it seems fs2004
> just is not agreeing with this card cheers mark

> > http://www.rojakpot.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=88&pgno=1

> > is a good table for GPUs...

> > I wouldn't change from 6800gs to 7300 as you'll loose :
> > Vertex pipelines (6800=5  7300=3)
> > Pixel pipelines (12 vs 4)
> > Pixel shader engine (12 vs 8)

> > unless the GPU is that much better handling these things...
> > If you have a 6800gs, the minimum would be 7600GT or 7800GS, but with the
> > prices here, I'd think hard, long and at least twice before that....

> > thanks thomas mate i dont know what to do mate it driving me nut's mate
> i have tried every tweak under the sun but to no avail it seems fs2004
> just is not agreeing with this card cheers mark

> > --
> > Tumppi
> > =================================
> > Most learned on these newsgroups
> > Helsinki, FINLAND
> > (translations from/to FI not always accurate
> > =================================

> > > hi guy's wondering if any one can help.i have at present a nvidia
> > > gigabyte 6800gs ddr3 256mb pci-e card and running fs2004,the sys was
> > > built for this program.after alot of hardware changes i have come to
> > > the conclusion that maybe this card is not the right one for this
> > > game.no matter how i set fs2004 up or set the the vid card settings up
> > > i just get bad performance lots of stuttering and micro pausing so
> > > fustrating.would going up to a say 7300 ddr2 266mb pci-e card would
> > > make a difference i dont know maybe some one out there has a
> > > susgestion,guy's i have tried everthing out there tweaks mod drivers no
> > > overclocking tho try to stay away from that,sys AMD 64BIT 3500 120GB
> > > SATAH/DRIVE MOB A8N-SLI PREMUIM ASUS BRAND hope someone can help or
> > > there could be a cheap comp being sold cheers mark

graphics card

Post by Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/Use » Sun, 18 Jun 2006 23:32:19

Have you been to this web site?.. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823628

--
Mike Hall
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

thanks thomas mate i dont know what to do mate it driving me nut's mate
i have tried every tweak under the sun but to no avail it seems fs2004
just is not agreeing with this card cheers mark

> http://www.rojakpot.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=88&pgno=1

> is a good table for GPUs...

> I wouldn't change from 6800gs to 7300 as you'll loose :
> Vertex pipelines (6800=5  7300=3)
> Pixel pipelines (12 vs 4)
> Pixel shader engine (12 vs 8)

> unless the GPU is that much better handling these things...
> If you have a 6800gs, the minimum would be 7600GT or 7800GS, but with the
> prices here, I'd think hard, long and at least twice before that....

> thanks thomas mate i dont know what to do mate it driving me nut's mate

i have tried every tweak under the sun but to no avail it seems fs2004
just is not agreeing with this card cheers mark

> --
> Tumppi
> =================================
> Most learned on these newsgroups
> Helsinki, FINLAND
> (translations from/to FI not always accurate
> =================================

> > hi guy's wondering if any one can help.i have at present a nvidia
> > gigabyte 6800gs ddr3 256mb pci-e card and running fs2004,the sys was
> > built for this program.after alot of hardware changes i have come to
> > the conclusion that maybe this card is not the right one for this
> > game.no matter how i set fs2004 up or set the the vid card settings up
> > i just get bad performance lots of stuttering and micro pausing so
> > fustrating.would going up to a say 7300 ddr2 266mb pci-e card would
> > make a difference i dont know maybe some one out there has a
> > susgestion,guy's i have tried everthing out there tweaks mod drivers no
> > overclocking tho try to stay away from that,sys AMD 64BIT 3500 120GB
> > SATAH/DRIVE MOB A8N-SLI PREMUIM ASUS BRAND hope someone can help or
> > there could be a cheap comp being sold cheers mark

1. Sound Card, Speakers, Graphics Card - Recommendations?

I've got a 450MHz P2 but it's not got a decent sound card, graphics card or
speakers.

I think I'm going to go for a Riva TNT AGP graphics card (or is the 32MB
Savage 4 better?) and a Soundblaster Live! Value sound card...

What should I do about speakers?

I want fairly powerful USB speakers with a subwoofer...has anyone any

Simply Computers) ?

Comments appreciated...

Alan.

2. converting .wma to .wav

3. Ati Radeon 7000 vid/graphics card

4. Computer dials-up om its own!

5. Looking for opinions on monitors and graphic cards

6. vb Select * from tableA?How to select record from 1000 to 2500

7. Diamond Viper II Graphics Card

8. mcse: Microsoft Certification Mailing List

9. Does anyone make a PVR graphics card with 2 TV Tuners?

10. WME and ATI Graphics card error

11. graphic card for about 300$

12. Graphics Card

13. hires graphics card