xp uninstall files

Post by Rita » Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:48:07

Hi,

I am running xp home edition on a compaq presario, 256mg
ram, and after some initial pain I have decided that I
would probably not go back to another operating system so
my question is should I free up space by uninstalling the
uninstall program files of xp? They use up 301MB and is
this space I should free up or not?

xp uninstall files

Post by Doug Knox MS-MV » Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:23:22

If you're happy with XP, there's no reason not to remove them.

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows XP/ Windows Smart Display
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes

Quote:> Hi,

> I am running xp home edition on a compaq presario, 256mg
> ram, and after some initial pain I have decided that I
> would probably not go back to another operating system so
> my question is should I free up space by uninstalling the
> uninstall program files of xp? They use up 301MB and is
> this space I should free up or not?

1. Deleting Win XP Uninstall Files?

I have been running Win XP Home Edition for over a year now, and have
accumulated a substantial number of folders containing uninstall
instructions for all the updates to XP that have been installed during
that time.  I currently have about 52 of these folders, which carry
names such as "$NtUninstallQ307869$".

Is there any reason I need to keep all of these folders?  They take up a
lot of hard disk space.  I can't think of any reason I need them -- many
of them are pretty old, and I can't think of why I would want to
uninstall any of the updates.  Can I just delete them, or is there some
special procedure I have to go through to get rid of them?

Thanks in advance.

David Benson

2. IE...I am about to dump this browser

3. XP Uninstall file

4. Which bit of Teak UI lets me log on as administrator?

5. XP Uninstall Files

6. java

7. uninstalling xp deleted uninstall files help!!!!

8. transmitting e-claims

9. Cannot uninstall XP, undo folder missing, how do I uninstall?

10. Win98 upgrade to XP-uninstalled corrupts files?

11. How to Uninstall XP Pro to recover My Documents files under ME

12. Windows XP SP1 and Boot-UP Error After Cleaning Up Old Uninstall Files

13. XP Service Packs Uninstall files