After SP1/popping sound from speakers

Post by Peggi » Fri, 20 Sep 2002 21:33:07

After installing SP1, I have found that on starting my
computer there is no sound until several seconds after all
items on the desktop have loaded.  Then there is a popping
noise from my speakers and then sound.  The popping noise
doesn't happen again as long as I keep my computer
running.  But, if I have to shut down for any length of
time, when I turn it back on, the same thing happens.  Is
anyone else experiencing this?  Other than that, the sound
works just fine.

Post by Malk » Fri, 20 Sep 2002 22:12:35

> After installing SP1, I have found that on starting my
> computer there is no sound until several seconds after all
> items on the desktop have loaded.  Then there is a popping
> noise from my speakers and then sound.  The popping noise
> doesn't happen again as long as I keep my computer
> running.  But, if I have to shut down for any length of
> time, when I turn it back on, the same thing happens.  Is
> anyone else experiencing this?  Other than that, the sound
> works just fine.

Change of sound drivers back to built-in XP ones?  Try installing
drivers for your card from the company's website.

HTH,

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

1. Popping sounds in speakers

I seem to be having a sound problem on my Quantex notebook.  I think it is
a software and not a hardware problem.  CDs, DVDs, and MIDI files saved on
the HD play flawlessly.  However, all streamed sounds (regardless of MIDI,
MP3, Real, and browser IE or Netscape) and all non-midi sounds saved on the
HD, whehter MP3, WAV, Real Jukebox, etc. sound TERRIBLE.  They don't play
correctly.  There will be constant half second "blips) in which the sound
in one speaker or the other goes out completely and then comes back on.
Both speakers don't do it at the same time, but they will often alternate.
 This i not a speaker hardware problem, because I get the same effect with
external speakers, and external headphones.  Plus, the CDs and DVDs sound
great, as do saved MIDI files played through Windows Media player.  Any
idea what is causing these horrible noises and what steps I need to take to
fix it?

2. losing windows default sounds

3. speakers pop then make no sound

4. xp recognizes external drive but no drive shows up in my computer

5. xp ...causes pops aand crackles in usb drive sound speakers

6. Presentation softare needed.. 43219

7. popping sound in speakers during startup/shutdown

8. How to delete file(s) in winxp ??

9. Popping sound in speakers on start-up

10. volume button controlling PC speaker instead of speakers connected to sound card

11. When setting volume on task bar speaker icon, sound comes from internal PC speaker.

12. all sound from my speakers sound like it has an alien effect put on it

13. Speaker beep call -> sound card sound ?