How to browse Active Directory from windows xp?

How to browse Active Directory from windows xp?

Post by mb0 » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 03:24:18

Hello,

How do I browse active directory from a windows xp pro workstation
(like from w2k)  (yes its added to the active dir. and I can log in)

Thanks

How to browse Active Directory from windows xp?

Post by Mark L. Ferguso » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 04:05:10

Managing Windows XP in a Windows 2000 Server Environment
Page 1 of 6
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/techinfo/administration/policy...

Microsoft? Windows? XP Professional Resource Kit Documentation
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/pr...

Windows XP Administration Tools Pack: adminpak.msi beta 3 version
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=34032&area=s...

--

Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP Expert Associate
marfer's notes for XP - http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/xp_notes.htm

..

> Hello,

> How do I browse active directory from a windows xp pro workstation
> (like from w2k)  (yes its added to the active dir. and I can log in)

> Thanks

1. No Active Directory Icon (cannot browse active directory)

I have created a share and published it to the active
directory as spelled out in several help documents.  I am
experiencing a problem with a XP Pro client machine with
Netbios disabled.  The client machine is part of the
Windows 2000 server domain and can log in sucessfully.  In
windows explorer the active directory icon does not show
up when double clicking on the "Entire Network" icon.  I
can do a search and find the shared folder in the active
directory so I believe everything is setup correctly.

Is this normal?  I would have thought that I would have
been able to browse published items to the active directoy
even when Netbios was disabled.

2. wxchecklistbox bug?

3. Can't browse Active Directory

4. Can't see Contacts

5. Browsing Active Directory

6. shut-down

7. Update to SATA problem, new Prescott problem

8. browsing NT servers by W2k server (from Active Directory domain)

9. How can i browse Acitve Directory in Windows XP?

10. Windows XP and Active Directory !

11. Windows XP Home Edition and Active Directory

12. Windows XP and Active Directory