Can I record sound BACK to computer??

Post by Lee Bec » Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:11:02

I occasionally have a sound source played on my computer,
frequently from a website.  Is there some way for me to
record this onto my computer?  Maybe as a .wav, .mp3, or
some other file?

I'm fairly computer savvy but this is the first time I've
tried to do it and don't have a clue.  It may depend on
the sound card (my sound is integrated with the
motherboard) but I'm thinking that there may be a generic
way.  I've opened up Windows Sound Recorder but it appears
to have options only for recording from a microphone.  The
only commercial audio software that I have os Pinnacle's
MyMPG Pro.

Would I need to put a jumper from my audio out to line
in?? or to Mic??  It seems that there should be a way from
the keyboard without re-wiring things.

Thanks for your help.

Can I record sound BACK to computer??

Post by Alvin Brow » Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:24:35

Hello

Well their is that option that your soundcard may not give
you that option, most intergreated soundscards are limited
and your better off buying a soundcard that will support
what your trying to do.

Alvin

> I occasionally have a sound source played on my computer,
> frequently from a website.  Is there some way for me to
> record this onto my computer?  Maybe as a .wav, .mp3, or
> some other file?

> I'm fairly computer savvy but this is the first time I've
> tried to do it and don't have a clue.  It may depend on
> the sound card (my sound is integrated with the
> motherboard) but I'm thinking that there may be a generic
> way.  I've opened up Windows Sound Recorder but it appears
> to have options only for recording from a microphone.  The
> only commercial audio software that I have os Pinnacle's
> MyMPG Pro.

> Would I need to put a jumper from my audio out to line
> in?? or to Mic??  It seems that there should be a way from
> the keyboard without re-wiring things.

> Thanks for your help.

Can I record sound BACK to computer??

Post by <anonym.. » Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:37:27

Then is the answer that generally you can't record back to
your computer unless you have a specialized sound card
that does this?

Thanks

Post by I like toys and cak » Thu, 23 Sep 2004 02:31:19

You should just be able to get a cable and plug it into your line-out
and line-in and use windows sound recorder or similar to record from
your line-in (I have never tried this but it sounds reasonable)

> Then is the answer that generally you can't record back to
> your computer unless you have a specialized sound card
> that does this?

> Thanks

Post by AndrĂ© Cru » Thu, 23 Sep 2004 20:33:44

Hello,

You can try get an adapter to split the speaker signal into two (it's a
cheap adapter that you can get from any computer shop) and then you will
have two signals coming out from your speaker out, in one you connect your
speakers and on the other you connect a cable into your line in jack (this
cable you can get from any computer shop too) and then you can use thw
windows sound recorder or other software to record it.

Quote:>I occasionally have a sound source played on my computer,