Blue screen appears only for approx 1/2 a second at reboot

Blue screen appears only for approx 1/2 a second at reboot

Post by Mario Fran?ois Jauvi » Mon, 02 Jun 2003 16:26:03

I have a problem upon reboot of my Windows XP professional computer.  At
some point during the Windows XP black screen with the moving slider bar at
the bottom I get a blue screen to flash on the screen for less than 1/2
second then the computer reboots once again.

I have not been able to stop the screen (using the pause keyboard key)
either because it does not work in this mode or because I can't hit the
exact correct spot.

The only solution which has worked has been to use a video camera to film
the boot sequence. I have a friend who has experience the same situation.

Has anyone experience this and has anyone come up with a solution to find
out the error displayed in the blue screen?  Is there a fix to resolve this
behavior?

Thanks

Blue screen appears only for approx 1/2 a second at reboot

Post by Rick » Mon, 02 Jun 2003 17:03:35

Hi,

Start/run eventvwr.msc, see if the system logs hold any clues.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

Quote:> I have a problem upon reboot of my Windows XP professional computer.  At
> some point during the Windows XP black screen with the moving slider bar at
> the bottom I get a blue screen to flash on the screen for less than 1/2
> second then the computer reboots once again.

> I have not been able to stop the screen (using the pause keyboard key)
> either because it does not work in this mode or because I can't hit the
> exact correct spot.

> The only solution which has worked has been to use a video camera to film
> the boot sequence. I have a friend who has experience the same situation.

> Has anyone experience this and has anyone come up with a solution to find
> out the error displayed in the blue screen?  Is there a fix to resolve this
> behavior?

> Thanks

Blue screen appears only for approx 1/2 a second at reboot

Post by E-phrai » Mon, 02 Jun 2003 17:30:53

When I recently had W98SE I had bluescreen problems as
soon as I installed a Twain driver. Unticking it in
msconfig cured the problem but zonked the scanner. There
was not sufficient headroom-time during startup to allow a
space for scanner & digital camera software to load. This
occurs with a Promise hd controller. My remedy was a free
fix from Stimon.exe (ask Google) --- stimon means still
image monitor. That permitted an adjustable delay period
during Boot & I found 15 seconds ample. This may be a
garbage answer to your problem especially if you don't use
Promise anyway.  OK? Bruce +++

Blue screen appears only for approx 1/2 a second at reboot

Post by David William » Mon, 02 Jun 2003 18:30:38

Quote:> When I recently had W98SE I had bluescreen problems as
> soon as I installed a Twain driver. Unticking it in
> msconfig cured the problem but zonked the scanner. There
> was not sufficient headroom-time during startup to allow a
> space for scanner & digital camera software to load. This
> occurs with a Promise hd controller. My remedy was a free
> fix from Stimon.exe (ask Google) --- stimon means still
> image monitor. That permitted an adjustable delay period
> during Boot & I found 15 seconds ample. This may be a
> garbage answer to your problem especially if you don't use
> Promise anyway.  OK? Bruce +++

A Windows 98 Bluescreen is totally different from an XP one but this fix
could help.

1. BLUE SCREEN..BLUE SCREEN...BLUE SCREEN..BLUE SCREEN..BLUE SCREEN!

I keep getting a blue screen this is what I get..Any help........PLEASE
HELP!

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.
The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0x0081e440, 0x00000002, 0x00000001,
0x804f6521).
A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS2\Minidump\Mini050702-01.dmp.

For
more information, see Help and Support Center at

2. windows xp shutdown problem ??/

3. box appears approx 15 seconds after OE starts up

4. W 2000 Shutdown/Folder Problems

5. Screen goes black, and re-appears constantly, then crashes to at times a different blue screen

6. No "STANDBY" option??? (WinXP-Pro)

7. Stop Error Blue Screen 0xC0000005 (no other information on blue screen)

8. LAN-WAN info wanted.

9. start - blue screen message - restart - blue screen message - merry go round

10. Blue screen appears with following error

11. BLUE SCREEN APPEARS

12. unable to load image, blue screen appears

13. Always appear Blue Error Screen