Notice that Windows XP, assigns password randomly,cannot repair windows xp.

Notice that Windows XP, assigns password randomly,cannot repair windows xp.

Post by jack » Tue, 09 Jul 2002 13:24:35

Hi all:

Just wondering if anyone has found a fix for Windows XP
assigning a password to a system on its own. I work on
Windows XP systems, and notice when I try to repair some
systems, there is a password assigned, but cannot enter
the repair console, by just pressing the enter key, as I
can on other pc's.

Have not found solution on Microsoft's site, anyone else
found a solution to this problem??

Any and all suggestions appreciatd.

Thank you,

Jack

Notice that Windows XP, assigns password randomly,cannot repair windows xp.

Post by Bill Landret » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 04:09:57

I don't /think/ that it assigns a password;
it just has a new method of masking that
does not give away the number of characters
in the password; so a blank password will
display several bullets.
   Isn't that what's going on?

Quote:>Hi all:

>Just wondering if anyone has found a fix for Windows XP
>assigning a password to a system on its own. I work on
>Windows XP systems, and notice when I try to repair some
>systems, there is a password assigned, but cannot enter
>the repair console, by just pressing the enter key, as I
>can on other pc's.

>Have not found solution on Microsoft's site, anyone else
>found a solution to this problem??

>Any and all suggestions appreciatd.

>Thank you,

>Jack

1. administrator password and repairing windows XP Home Edition

Hello,

I could use some advise on the following:

Somehow my PC crashed last night or maybe not, Im not
sure. This is what happens when I start up. Windows XP is
over and over again.
Now I used my CD-rom to repair Windows XP on my pc, cause
I really dont want to format and erase months of
schoolwork. When I choose repair, the program asks for
an administrator password. However I never entered a
password and there are no passwords given with the CD-ROM.
Wich password do they mean????????? The serial number of
the product or has it something to do with our network?

Please help me out!

Thanx for your effort!

Roy

2. System Restore is Confused

3. cannot repair windows xp

4. problem in download

5. Cannot login Windows 2000 After Upgraded Windows XP from Windows 98SE

6. demonstrator for possible CE bug

7. Repair Windows Installer 2.0 in Windows XP Pro?

8. Receiving no Alerts???

9. Cannot create password for Windows XP guest account

10. cannot access windows xp - forgot password HELP!!!

11. Windows XP Pro Freezes randomly

12. Windows Xp restarts randomly :(

13. windows xp hangs randomly without an error message