Conexant SoftK56 Data,Fax Modem

Post by Ron Bowse » Sun, 23 Dec 2001 17:06:32

Has anyone put XP on a machine with a Conexant SoftK56 Data,Fax PCI
Modem?  Does it drive it?  I have a Toshiba Satellite 1695CDT that I am
thinking of putting XP Pro on, and the compatibility scan doesn't recognize
the modem.  Have you put XP on a Toshiba Satellite 1695CDT?

Ron Bowser

Conexant SoftK56 Data,Fax Modem

Post by DreamWorl » Sun, 23 Dec 2001 20:36:17

Quote:> Has anyone put XP on a machine with a Conexant SoftK56 Data,Fax PCI
> Modem?  Does it drive it?  I have a Toshiba Satellite 1695CDT that I am
> thinking of putting XP Pro on, and the compatibility scan doesn't
recognize
> the modem.  Have you put XP on a Toshiba Satellite 1695CDT?

> Ron Bowser

I have a modem with such a chipset and it works fine under XP. It has to be
set to GENERIC modem first, then select the SoftK56 modem from the right
panel. It works great here and no problems with any kind of software so far.
I am using a desktop PC, not a laptop, btw.

--
With kind regards / Met vriendelijke groet

Webmaster DreamWorld
http://members.home.nl/dreamworld (ENGLISH)
http://members.home.nl/droomwereld (DUTCH)

Conexant SoftK56 Data,Fax Modem

Post by jim » Mon, 24 Dec 2001 15:05:55

Conexant came standard on this dell 8200 with xp,,, modem and computer works
great except for multiplayer games kicking back to desktop..and the net send
packet error problem that a lot of gamers have.

Jim

Quote:> Has anyone put XP on a machine with a Conexant SoftK56 Data,Fax PCI
> Modem?  Does it drive it?  I have a Toshiba Satellite 1695CDT that I am
> thinking of putting XP Pro on, and the compatibility scan doesn't
recognize
> the modem.  Have you put XP on a Toshiba Satellite 1695CDT?

> Ron Bowser

Conexant SoftK56 Data,Fax Modem

Post by Phil » Mon, 24 Dec 2001 20:46:10

Unfortunately I can't say the same for my Sony laptop.
After "upgrading", I can't connect any faster than 33.6,
used to avg.about 52k.  Anyone have any ideas?

Phil

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Conexant came standard on this dell 8200 with xp,,,

modem and computer works
Quote:>great except for multiplayer games kicking back to

Post by Bob » Tue, 25 Dec 2001 15:22:03

      Might sound crazy, but try http://amquestmodem.com. Had a similar problem as yours with a Rockwell/Conexant chipset designation of AM56HCFSP. Download the Win 2k driver. XP will advise that it's not signed, but go ahead with the installation. Have been running this driver since early November, and the modem hasn't hiccuped since.

  Has anyone put XP on a machine with a Conexant SoftK56 Data,Fax PCI
  Modem?  Does it drive it?  I have a Toshiba Satellite 1695CDT that I am
  thinking of putting XP Pro on, and the compatibility scan doesn't recognize
  the modem.  Have you put XP on a Toshiba Satellite 1695CDT?

  Ron Bowser

1. Conexant SoftK56 Data Fax modem

I recently bought a new P4 1.9GHz machine running XP Home and everything ran
beautifully.   It came with a Conexant SoftK56 Data Fax modem installed
which I had no reason to use until a few days ago when I tried to install
the resident Fax client.  I discovered that the Fax was defective and had
the store replace it.  The fax works fine but now my shutdown time has
increased from under 10 seconds to over a minute or more.  I've check the
Windows XP Catalogue which lists the Conexant SoftK56 Data Fax as "designed
for Windows XP".

Any solutions/suggestions out there as to how to keep my modem and restore
my shutdown time to a more normal interval?

Thanks in advance,
Alan Chudnow

2. Windows XP Corporate edition problem

3. XP Fax Console with Conexant SoftK56 Data,Fax PCI Modem

4. windows ce 2.1

5. Conexant SoftK56 Data, Fax, Speakerphine PCI Modem

6. What is XP's font viewer?

7. Driver for Generic softk56 data, fax, voice, speakerphone, handset Modem

8. Win95 remembers last directory

9. Conexant SoftK56 PCI Modem driver needed

10. Conexant-Ambit Softk56 Modem

11. Emachines Conexant generic softk56 modem(M)

12. Trident Blade3D/MVP4 (63) Drivers & Conexant V90 56k Data Fax PCI Modem

13. Conexant HCF V90 Data Fax RTAD USB Modem