Smart Card logon question

Post by xp-use » Thu, 26 Dec 2002 12:07:08

Hi,

I have Windows XP professional edition and when I boot up my logon window
(where I'm asked to press cntrl-alt-delete) has a smart card icon to the
left.  When I first received the machine it didn't have this and I'm
wondering how it got there (and how I can get rid of it).   I've never used
a smart card nor do I know, how but I'm bothered by the logon.

Does anyone know how to remove this capability from the machine?

TIA

1. Smart card logon using standalone Win 2k machine!

Hi,
1. Assuming the Smart Card is new, do I need a Win 2k Server (with
Certificate Authentication Service) and Active Directory to be set up?

2. If the Smart Card is already configured using the Step 2, can I use the
Smart Card to log in to my Win 2k Professional running in my notebook
(standalone)?

3. Is there any step-by-step guide how to do this?

I am very new to this area, any information is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Sin-Lam

2. Startup Programs (Not Start Menu Startup Group)

3. Smart Media Cards. A question re formatting.

4. Access CD-ROM Drive

5. CompactFlash, Smart Ditital, etc, Storage Card Questions.

6. How can I synchronize Favorites?

7. Question regarding Smart Media card readers

8. IBM Realtime Interface

9. smart restore not so smart

10. smart writer and smart command

11. Intel Smart Video Recorder Card

12. New Web Site - New Product - The Smart Business Card Reader

13. Program Your Satellite Smart Cards!!!! 94726