file back-ups

Post by Hayt » Thu, 25 Jul 2002 07:07:25

How can I stop XP from making back-ups of MP3 files? Every
deletion leaves behind an umwanted back-up copy.

file back-ups

Post by gg » Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:05:53

have you tried
- select the files your wanted deleted
- shift-delete key
?
Note that above is non recoverable, files deleted are gone forever unless
you have a prior backup.

also are those files on drive/ directory with auto backup?
if so, you may want to temporally disable that but delete with caution!

Quote:> How can I stop XP from making back-ups of MP3 files? Every
> deletion leaves behind an umwanted back-up copy.

1. Size of back-ups

Since outlook express 6, all of my data base files (*.dbx) always gets the
latest date when I open outlook express (even for folders which are not
changed). This is great for the back-up tape producers as common back-up
procedure think that all folders are new and stores them on tape (so
incremental back-ups do not have any meaning any more for outlook express 6
files). In previous outlook express version, backing up was already a
problem since a single message addition to one folder would already cause a
back-up of the entire folder, but in version 6 things have become even worse
since all folders are recognised as being changed.

Is there a workaround for this problem or are there some special tools which
create back-up files from outlook express databases. I checked the
"tomsterdam" pages but the back-ups described there also performs a total
back up of a dbx file (unless I misunderstood the back-up procedures
described there).

Thanks,
Martien

2. Partition Problem

3. how to(back-ups)

4. PWS - not liking "use Win32::ODBC"

5. Back-Ups

6. Where Can I See The Product Activation Code?

7. Windows-XP Back-ups

8. Norton Ghost 2002

9. multi CD back-ups ???

10. Recovering old back-ups

11. Back-Ups

12. APC Back-UPS ES500 not recognized

13. USB Apc Back-UPS not recognized in Power Option