back in the days

Post by mark00 » Sat, 03 May 2003 07:52:15

I have two hard disks. WinXp is installed on disk one on
c:\
Disk 2 d:\ is new and is still empty.
I haven't used win 98 since win2000 was released.
I decided to install it on the other disk so that I could
multiboot between the two OS's.
I installed win98se. booted fine. I installed the drivers
for my vga card and restarted. I booted into win98 once
again but I got a "windows protection error. system
halted." I thought to myself:" hey , haven't seen that in
a while!".
Any way I restarted into winXP , did chkdsk d:\ and then
rebooted into win 98. I was amazed when win98 booted
without problems.
I thought to myself "win98 is ugly". Anyway win98 did not
automatically detect my IP . (winXp still could "I
checked")
I restarted into winXp , checked my mail then rebooted
into win98. It did not boot correctly and I got the "all
popular BSOD" blue screen of death.

i've been using winXp since it was first released and i
have many programs installed on it and it NEVER crashed.

WIN98 SUCKS!!!!!!!!

I took away the new hard disk where win98 was installed
an BURNED IT ALONG WITH MY ORIGINAL WIN98 CD.
HA Ha Ha Ha
sometimes i don't get how win98 made it to the market in
the first place.

winXP sp1 rulezzzzzzzzz

1. Optarse takes me back to Alphalink days

Unfricken-believable, not since 1998 back in the old Alphalink days with a
28k modem. and now we cable users are put there. only those days it was
around $8 a month and you got what you paid for, now we pay for premium
cable and get this.

Op-farse, youve encouraged me to look elsewhere, and then expect my phone to
be disconnected too. Lousy TV package went last month. Op-suicide, lets see
how long you last. Anyone holding Singtel shares get rid of the muthers,
this company has only 1 direction to go, down, down and more down. and I
hope those decision makers will lose out personally big time. Optus F U.

2. Blocking incoming email by address in the IMC??

3. Date changed to 12/31/2003, then changed back on New Years Day?!?!?

4. Anyone Have MS disk formatter to 1.7M ?

5. BACK UP MY PC 30 DAY TRIAL

6. authorware...video

7. REMOTE ASSISTANT WILL NOT REPLY BACK AFTER 3 DAYS

8. Harddisk error

9. Are hardware companies holding back XP drivers till launch day ?

10. Peer - Peer network,4 PCs take 1 day & 19hrs to back up????

11. Happy Valentines Day...Phil Spector in better days (ASF)

12. Backup script once a day or once every "n" days

13. Why does my user profiles become larger day by day?