LG CD Rom drive not reading CD's

Post by Bhupender Pruth » Mon, 06 Sep 2004 01:28:58

hey there!
i had updated the Windows XP few weeks back & ever since
that i have not been able to play any CD's. The CDROM
drive under Device Manager Window appears under the
head "Other Devices" instead of "DVD/CDROM DEVICES". But
the properties show the Device is working fine. I thought
upgrading to XP SP2 will solve this problem. Result is
that I m not able to use the drive.

Can anyone send me this driver for HL-DT-GCR-8521 B
or tell me how to fix this problem!.

thanks guys!
Bhupender

LG CD Rom drive not reading CD's

Post by Nathan McNult » Tue, 07 Sep 2004 16:59:08

In Device Manager, right click on the drive, click uninstall and reboot.
  Windows should automatically reinstall it and fix your little problem ;)

----
Nathan McNulty

--
Day Day

LG CD Rom drive not reading CD's

Post by Nathan McNult » Wed, 08 Sep 2004 10:31:26

Did you see my other post about 2 and a half hours ago?

----
Nathan McNulty