LSASS.EXE system error and install problems

LSASS.EXE system error and install problems

Post by James Robertso » Sat, 28 Dec 2002 02:28:08

Here's the scenario:

I installed XP Pro (SP1) on an ABIT KT7A-RAID system that
had been running Win2k just fine for ~8 months.
After installation, and initial reboot, I got this error:

"One of the files containing the system's registry data
had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy.
The recovery was successful."
Fine. Registry error, but it appears to recover just fine
until the NEXT time I reboot, where I get:
"LSASS.EXE System Error -An invalid parameter was passed
to a service or function"

...and the system constantly reboots!
I have tried reinstalling, performing a repair on the
install, even swapping every component out, except for
the MB and then installing...after 6 tries it's exactly
the same.

The closest MS Knowledge article is #329450 "Cannot Start
Windows XP After Installing Service Pack 1 and Then
Performing a System Recovery Operation"
But that seems to pertain only to a 'Hewlett-Packard
Pavilion or a Compaq Presario 6300' rig, which this is
NOT.

-James Robertson

LSASS.EXE system error and install problems

Post by Mark L. Ferguso » Sat, 28 Dec 2002 02:34:52

It's likely that you need to download a new RAID driver.
The setup will query "Press F-6 for Raid.." at the bottom
of the screen during setup. Point it at the floppy with the
new RAID drivers.

--
Mark L. Ferguson   TabletPC MVP

All email without "QZ" in the subject line will be automatically deleted.
marfer's notes for XP  >  http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/xp_notes.htm
.

> Here's the scenario:

> I installed XP Pro (SP1) on an ABIT KT7A-RAID system that
> had been running Win2k just fine for ~8 months.
> After installation, and initial reboot, I got this error:

> "One of the files containing the system's registry data
> had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy.
> The recovery was successful."
> Fine. Registry error, but it appears to recover just fine
> until the NEXT time I reboot, where I get:
> "LSASS.EXE System Error -An invalid parameter was passed
> to a service or function"

> ...and the system constantly reboots!
> I have tried reinstalling, performing a repair on the
> install, even swapping every component out, except for
> the MB and then installing...after 6 tries it's exactly
> the same.

> The closest MS Knowledge article is #329450 "Cannot Start
> Windows XP After Installing Service Pack 1 and Then
> Performing a System Recovery Operation"
> But that seems to pertain only to a 'Hewlett-Packard
> Pavilion or a Compaq Presario 6300' rig, which this is
> NOT.

> -James Robertson

LSASS.EXE system error and install problems

Post by James Robertso » Sat, 28 Dec 2002 02:38:25

OOps...forgot some useful info: I used to run Win2k under
a RAID 0 setup, never had any probs, so re: ABIT's
advice, I flashed the BIOS up to the most recent edition,
and still had the exact same problem.

I killed the RAID array, and...same thing...
I swapped out the HD's for a new one...same thing

Thanks again!
-James Robertson

1. lsass.exe system error following system restore

Following a system restore that was unsucessful, and an
attempt at restoring to "Last Good Configuation" under the
advanced menu, my laptop now continually restarts and
cycles between these screens:

Lsass.exe - System Error.
When trying to update a password the return status
indicates that the value provided as the current password
is not correct.

and

A blue screen with a stop code (I think) 0x000000A which
flashes for about 0.5 seconds before the system restarts.

A similar problem has been described for Hewlett-Packard
Pavilion or a Compaq Presario 6300-series desktop
computers with a patch offered by HP, but I have a Toshiba
Satellite notebook.

Any suggestions?

2. Deleting

3. Boot Error " lsass.exe system error"

4. How to undo copies

5. lsass.exe error after system32/config/system error

6. Slow or Delayed Screen Updates After Reconnecting to Console Session

7. lsass.exe - system error

8. Problems with Qmodem Pro and TAPI

9. lsass.exe- system error message

10. lsass.exe system error