Copy to CD gone - how do I turn it on?

Post by Joseph Witki » Sun, 30 Dec 2001 16:36:15

When I installed Easy CD Creator 5 on Win XP Pro, I seem to have lost XP's
cool ability to drag files directly to a CD-R folder or icon to record onto
it. Easy CD Creator works fine, but the built-in CD-copying in Explorer is
gone. Is there a way to turn it back on?

J.W.

Copy to CD gone - how do I turn it on?

Post by -= kulit = » Sun, 30 Dec 2001 19:49:20

if you have not made any major changes to your system after installing Easy
CD,  try using the Sytem Restore on XP and choose a restore date prior to
the installation of Easy CD.
it can be found on Start->All Programs->Accesories->System Tools-> System
Restore
It happens to me before and it kinda fix my problem. It is probably a cool
tool to use to restore a working system when something bad happens after
changing something.

ja

Quote:> When I installed Easy CD Creator 5 on Win XP Pro, I seem to have lost XP's
> cool ability to drag files directly to a CD-R folder or icon to record
onto
> it. Easy CD Creator works fine, but the built-in CD-copying in Explorer is
> gone. Is there a way to turn it back on?

> J.W.

Copy to CD gone - how do I turn it on?

Post by Pete 0 » Sun, 30 Dec 2001 21:56:58

I noticed the same thing BUT when I right click on the files(s) I want to
put on CD and select SEND TO it gives the CD drive as an option.

same thing, different words

Quote:> When I installed Easy CD Creator 5 on Win XP Pro, I seem to have lost XP's
> cool ability to drag files directly to a CD-R folder or icon to record
onto
> it. Easy CD Creator works fine, but the built-in CD-copying in Explorer is
> gone. Is there a way to turn it back on?

> J.W.

Copy to CD gone - how do I turn it on?

Post by Donald McDanie » Mon, 31 Dec 2001 03:02:35

Try this: Open My Computer, then rightclick on the CD drive and choose
"Properties", then click on the the "Recording" tab, and make sure "Enable
CD recording on this drive" is checked.  This should restore cd recording
for you.. But if you do this, you will be unable to use EZCD until you
uncheck this setting...

Also, there are several other settings you can make on this properties page,
such as recording speed..

Donald McDaniel

Quote:> When I installed Easy CD Creator 5 on Win XP Pro, I seem to have lost XP's
> cool ability to drag files directly to a CD-R folder or icon to record
onto
> it. Easy CD Creator works fine, but the built-in CD-copying in Explorer is
> gone. Is there a way to turn it back on?

> J.W.

Copy to CD gone - how do I turn it on?

Post by Russ » Mon, 31 Dec 2001 08:45:07

In a similar vein, I also have ez cd 5.0... and when i create a cd, am done
and happy, i find that the next time i boot my pc, i get the message telling
me i have files ready to be written to a cd. i close it, but it appears
again the next time.  how can i make this stop from occurring.
thx
russ

> Try this: Open My Computer, then rightclick on the CD drive and choose
> "Properties", then click on the the "Recording" tab, and make sure "Enable
> CD recording on this drive" is checked.  This should restore cd recording
> for you.. But if you do this, you will be unable to use EZCD until you
> uncheck this setting...

> Also, there are several other settings you can make on this properties
page,
> such as recording speed..

> Donald McDaniel

> > When I installed Easy CD Creator 5 on Win XP Pro, I seem to have lost
XP's
> > cool ability to drag files directly to a CD-R folder or icon to record
> onto
> > it. Easy CD Creator works fine, but the built-in CD-copying in Explorer
is
> > gone. Is there a way to turn it back on?

> > J.W.

Copy to CD gone - how do I turn it on?

Post by Donald McDanie » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 03:58:09

To use EasyCD creator with Windows XP, you MUST turn off cd recording in the
properties page of the particular CD drive in My Computer

Donald McDaniel

> In a similar vein, I also have ez cd 5.0... and when i create a cd, am
done
> and happy, i find that the next time i boot my pc, i get the message
telling
> me i have files ready to be written to a cd. i close it, but it appears
> again the next time.  how can i make this stop from occurring.
> thx
> russ

> > Try this: Open My Computer, then rightclick on the CD drive and choose
> > "Properties", then click on the the "Recording" tab, and make sure
"Enable
> > CD recording on this drive" is checked.  This should restore cd
recording
> > for you.. But if you do this, you will be unable to use EZCD until you
> > uncheck this setting...

> > Also, there are several other settings you can make on this properties
> page,
> > such as recording speed..

> > Donald McDaniel

> > > When I installed Easy CD Creator 5 on Win XP Pro, I seem to have lost
> XP's
> > > cool ability to drag files directly to a CD-R folder or icon to record
> > onto
> > > it. Easy CD Creator works fine, but the built-in CD-copying in
Explorer
> is
> > > gone. Is there a way to turn it back on?

> > > J.W.

1. how to turn off cd copying?

stop copying the cd tracks into your hardware is...
first open your wmp and then click cd audio. then you
will see all the tracks listed and at the top you will see
a thing that says something like copy statistics or
something like that but anyway.. the main thing is that
next to each of the tracks is a little box with a check
inside of it. make sure that the check is not there(by
clicking it) and then your hardware will not have that
copied.  alright then good luck  :-)
~Kris~

2. Eudura Address Book

3. Some knows a program blocks my CD not to copy it (Anti copy CD) ?

4. Make a CD-RW?

5. "files to be copied to cd" message won't go away

6. Eudora 3.0.5, Windows 2000, Printing extra pages.

7. invalid DOS command error while copying files from CD to hard hisk

8. proper nfile sharing... - xp_home_folder_options.jpg (0/1)

9. Copying to CD in DOS mode

10. Incorrect Dos Version when going to Dos Prompt

11. dos prompt loses properties when I go to dos from windows

12. Copying Win95 to new Hard Drive in true DOS... can it be done?

13. cd-rom/burner won't copy cd's or play from the CD??????