Divx Player

Post by Hemant Thakka » Fri, 19 Jul 2002 05:50:28

hey ppl!!
i was wondering if anyone faces a problem with running
any version of the Divx player on windows XP.....after
installation i can vies a movie file for approximately 2
minutes and then i geta blue screen and my computer
restarts automatically.....upon restart i get a message
telling me that the system has recovered froma  serious
problem/error....
and then i need to uinstall the payer and restore the
system to an earleir time before i had the  Divx player
installed.....any suggestions?
cheers
hemant

Divx Player

Post by Crunchyfro » Fri, 19 Jul 2002 06:38:34

Is the player you're referring to "The Playa"?

Quote:> hey ppl!!
> i was wondering if anyone faces a problem with running
> any version of the Divx player on windows XP.....after
> installation i can vies a movie file for approximately 2
> minutes and then i geta blue screen and my computer
> restarts automatically.....upon restart i get a message
> telling me that the system has recovered froma  serious
> problem/error....
> and then i need to uinstall the payer and restore the
> system to an earleir time before i had the  Divx player
> installed.....any suggestions?
> cheers
> hemant

Divx Player

Post by <pecha.. » Fri, 19 Jul 2002 10:54:42

This is really weird, I got the same problem.  Also, when
I play games that require a 3D accelerator, my computer
freezes when there seems to be a lot of movement on the
screen.  The blue screen shows up again, and the computer
restarts.  Have you been able to solve your problem?  If
so, tell me how you did it plz.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>hey ppl!!
>i was wondering if anyone faces a problem with running
>any version of the Divx player on windows XP.....after
>installation i can vies a movie file for approximately 2
>minutes and then i geta blue screen and my computer
>restarts automatically.....upon restart i get a message
>telling me that the system has recovered froma  serious
>problem/error....
>and then i need to uinstall the payer and restore the
>system to an earleir time before i had the  Divx player
>installed.....any suggestions?
>cheers
>hemant
>.

Divx Player

Post by Willbo » Fri, 19 Jul 2002 15:11:02

Hi
This sounds more like a driver problem that a player problem.  You didn't
say what graphics card you are using, but try to use 2x or 1x agp, and
disable fast writes in your bios.  I would also make sure you have the
latest drivers for your card.
Willboy

Quote:> hey ppl!!
> i was wondering if anyone faces a problem with running
> any version of the Divx player on windows XP.....after
> installation i can vies a movie file for approximately 2
> minutes and then i geta blue screen and my computer
> restarts automatically.....upon restart i get a message
> telling me that the system has recovered froma  serious
> problem/error....
> and then i need to uinstall the payer and restore the
> system to an earleir time before i had the  Divx player
> installed.....any suggestions?
> cheers
> hemant

Divx Player

Post by pico » Sat, 20 Jul 2002 04:28:17

all divix goodies work on my sys.  i have a voodoo3 1000
vid card.  it sucks, but its workin for me.  i get the
blue screen when i try to use a *.  usually works for
about 2 min and then BOOM...  FREEZE and then i have to
restrart at which point i get told that there is a
problem....
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>hey ppl!!
>i was wondering if anyone faces a problem with running
>any version of the Divx player on windows XP.....after
>installation i can vies a movie file for approximately 2
>minutes and then i geta blue screen and my computer
>restarts automatically.....upon restart i get a message
>telling me that the system has recovered froma  serious
>problem/error....
>and then i need to uinstall the payer and restore the
>system to an earleir time before i had the  Divx player
>installed.....any suggestions?
>cheers
>hemant
>.

1. DivX 5 + VBR + DivX Player problems

I got some movies coded with DivX 5 + VBR (according to the filename).
When I open them with the DivX Player which comes with DivX 5.02 I can play the movies
but only from the very first beginning.

Dragging the slider to start from a position inside the movie results ALWAYS in a crash of
the player (under Win2000+Sp2). Is this a bug/normal ? BTW: I even found no other player which
is able to let me go to a position inside a movie.

I assume it's because it is coded with VBR. But the original DivX 5.0(2) codec
doesn't support VBR (Variable Bitrate). So which codec was used to encode it ?

cu
Carl

2. volume

3. Pocket DivX Player for ipaq and jornada

4. Authoring Tools with Double Byte Support

5. divx player

6. activation wizard does not work

7. DivX Player 0.5 on Jornada 547?

8. E-mail address problems.

9. Movie Plays Great In Divx Player but not WMP 7.1-Why?

10. divx player

11. I am looking for DIVX player as well as stareaming video web site

12. Where can I get PocketPC DIVX player for iPAQ