duel booting with win 2000 and windows XP

Post by Colin Man » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 03:44:20

duel booting with win 2000 and windows XP

how do i go about doing this? can anyone offer me any advice

reguards,
cj

duel booting with win 2000 and windows XP

Post by Nutcas » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 04:00:29

Hi Colin,

Easiest way?

Setup a drive with (at least) two partitions (FAT32 or NTFS - doesn't
matter, your preference). Install Win2000 to one of them (doesn't matter
which). When finished, boot to it, insert the WinXP disk, use the option to
install to a new location and choose the other partition. The setup will
create the dual boot menu for you.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x
Associate Expert - Windows XP
Please reply only to newsgroup...

Quote:> duel booting with win 2000 and windows XP

> how do i go about doing this? can anyone offer me any advice

> reguards,
> cj

1. Windows 98 and Windows 2000 Duel Boot

Hello,

     I am still a little unclear on EXACTLY how to duel boot my computer.
Right now my computer has W2K on the partitioned C: at 2G.  Can I install
Win98 onto my D: (12G) with W2K on my C: or do I need to reinstall Win98
on C: and THEN install W2K on D:?

If anyone could please clear this up I have many apps I need to use in 98
which are not supported by Win2000 (speciffically my DVD Player software,
my CD-R Burner (Yamaha 4416E) but love the stability and multimedia and
programs for 2000.

Thank You Very Much :-)

2. XP Fails to detect previously working USB Wheel

3. Duel Boot from Win 2000

4. 45 sec freezes in IE6

5. Duel boot 2000 and XP

6. onLoad?

7. Triple booting Win XP Pro with Win Me and Win 2000

8. Norton takes over mail server

9. Duel boot with 2000 server

10. Ann: Live Chat on VenturCom Boot-NIC - Windows 2000/XP/XP Embedded Diskless Network Boot

11. Duel Boot Windows Me and Windows XP

12. Windows 98SE and Windows XP duel boot