NTLDR>EXE fatal error unable to boot pc?

Post by Knowlestec » Tue, 25 Mar 2003 22:38:23

NTLDR>EXE fatal error unable to boot pc?

Can someone direct me to a helpful website? Already searched MS
Knowledgebase with no results.

NTLDR>EXE fatal error unable to boot pc?

Post by Mark L. Ferguso » Tue, 25 Mar 2003 22:45:09

NTLDR Is Missing Error Message When You Upgrade or Install Over Windows 95 or Windows 98 (Q255220):
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q255/2/20.asp

but first, you might try this, though I doubt it will work,

Re-extract the files 'NTLDR' and 'ntdetect.com'

again, from the XP CD.

(CD Boot - Recovery Console Prompt)

copy F:\i386\NTLDR C:\

copy F:\i386\NTDETECT.COM C:\

--
Mark L. Ferguson   TabletPC MVP

All email without "QZ" in the subject line will be automatically deleted.
marfer's notes for XP  >  http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/xp_notes.htm
.

> NTLDR>EXE fatal error unable to boot pc?

> Can someone direct me to a helpful website? Already searched MS
> Knowledgebase with no results.

NTLDR>EXE fatal error unable to boot pc?

Post by frank » Tue, 25 Mar 2003 22:51:18

See my links.

--
See Links on my web page;
http://home.kooee.com.au/kingul/xp.html

1. Error message: NTLDR: Fatal Error 1 reading BOOT.ini

Hi,

Have you inserted any floppy disk inside the floppy drive during the start up/reboot?
If yes, eject the floppy disk and start the PC again.

Peter

     After renaming my computer name through the "My Computer" and being asked to re-boot I keep getting this message upon rebooting: "Error message: NTLDR: Fatal Error 1 reading BOOT.ini". I've tried booting from a floppy or CD ROM by selecting them in the BIOS as 1st & 2nd boot devices, but it never boots from them and it keeps giving me the same message. Any suggestions on what to try?

     This computer is a pentium II that was previously running Windows 98 and I upgraded to XP successfully and it had been working fine until I tried to change the computer name.

2. Athlon Upgrade leads to freeze on startup screen for XP

3. NTLDR: Fatal Error 47872 reading BOOT.INI

4. Setting printer permissions in a script

5. NTLDR: Fatal Error 4096 Reading boot.ini

6. 3 IDE-drives

7. Pocket Pc 2002 - Fatal application error - CEMGRC.EXE!!

8. multiple default routes? i think not

9. sp2-->logon as domain admin-->STOP: c000021a {fatal system error}

10. >> Repeatable Fatal Error <<

11. interesting problem>> unable to boot from good WIN95 start-up disk!!!

12. !!!>>!>!>!>!>!>!>!> WordPerfect Questions?