pop3 failed

Post by TIM » Mon, 03 Jun 2002 15:13:19

when i run network diagnosis,i get--inbound mail
server=pop3(FAILED). and also outbound mail server=pop3
(FAILED).   any idea????  all new to me!!  TIM

1. POP3 Fails

I just bought a new machine with Windows XP Pro and cannot access one of my
mail accounts. Here's what occurs:

Connected
Receiving list of messages from server
Receiving messages 1 of 15

inactivity. Account: 'Bad Dog Blues', Server: 'www.baddogblues.com',
Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK 285 octets follow.', Port: 110,
Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

This happens every time. I can access this account through Yahoo without any
problems. I have turned off all firewalls,
anti-virus and nothing works. In what may be a related issue I also have
problems connecting to my server via ftp. Any help would be appreciated.

-Jeff

2. CD writing

3. Fail to login to IMAP & POP3

4. Editor in Netscape 3.04

5. Can POP3 to Exchange via OE5, but cannot POP3 to Exchange via OE6

6. animations with xp

7. Win NT and TCP/IP-(POP3)-API for accessing pop3-host

8. Properties dialog missing from Windows Explorer

9. POP3, BLOODY POP3!

10. Error: Setup failed to run installation: The remote procedure call failed

11. boot fails because of pci.sys, it tells me to recover, setup fails because setupdd.sys

12. Windows XP Pro SP1 Update Fails with Delayed Write Fail Pls help

13. Comp. fail to boot after failed format of NTFS partition on non-booting HD