CD/CDRW Problem

Post by Kieran Roch » Tue, 18 Dec 2001 09:15:30

Folks,

Just installed XP pro and I love it !!  I'm having trouble with my Mirai
CDR-BP1500P-M CD Rewriter.

If I start my PC with a disk in the above, windows starts o.k. but the read
light on the cd player stays illuminated and the CD Player is not detected
in device manager!!

Also,

with some Cds it will not detect that there is a cd in the caddy until I
select properties->hardware->select the cd again and select
properties->volumes->and finally select populate.  Then it will work
O.K..........PHEW what an ordeal.

I have installed new firmware from the Miari site which made no difference,
I have also installed the latest version of Nero which works just fine !!
(When Windows detects a CD-RW that is).

The product is not mentioned on the Windows XP Compatibility website, Nor
does the Mirai website mention Windows XP.

I have e-mailed their tech support and am awaiting a reply.

I would appreciate any help this group could give me.

Regards,

Kieran

CD/CDRW Problem

Post by Nutcas » Tue, 18 Dec 2001 11:30:23

Hi Kieran,

Does the behavior repeat itself if there is no CD in the drive?

Try changing the boot order, move the CD drive to a spot after the hard
drive. You can always move it back if you need to boot from the CD at some
point.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x
Associate Expert - Windows XP
Please reply only to newsgroup...

Quote:> Folks,

> Just installed XP pro and I love it !!  I'm having trouble with my Mirai
> CDR-BP1500P-M CD Rewriter.

> If I start my PC with a disk in the above, windows starts o.k. but the
read
> light on the cd player stays illuminated and the CD Player is not detected
> in device manager!!

> Also,

> with some Cds it will not detect that there is a cd in the caddy until I
> select properties->hardware->select the cd again and select
> properties->volumes->and finally select populate.  Then it will work
> O.K..........PHEW what an ordeal.

> I have installed new firmware from the Miari site which made no
difference,
> I have also installed the latest version of Nero which works just fine !!
> (When Windows detects a CD-RW that is).

> The product is not mentioned on the Windows XP Compatibility website, Nor
> does the Mirai website mention Windows XP.

> I have e-mailed their tech support and am awaiting a reply.

> I would appreciate any help this group could give me.

> Regards,

> Kieran

1. problem with lite-on ltr-24102B.cd writer .not reading cdrw and blank cds..

for some reason. after installing some camera software
(which is now uninstalled) i have been unable to read
cdrws and blank cds of any kind on my writer(so i cant
burn because of that)..it just tries to read them and
after a few seconds,ejects them..it only reads cdrs and
regular cds now..it is named as a recorder and all...so i
dont know whats up..i thought it may have been roxio easy
cd so i did the uninstall and install and update and all
but still cant read those cds on my writer..anyone have
any suggestions?ive checked my registry so everything
seems right there as well..

2. boot problems

3. CD wizard asks for cdrw when cdrw is in drive

4. Calendar link in Communicator Menu (Communicator 4.03)

5. cdrw and dvdrw/cdrw drive problem

6. Protocol permission problem

7. CD Rom and CDRW problems

8. simple presentation shareware

9. CD/CDRW Drive Not Reading CD's

10. CD drive doesn't recognize CDRW in CD Burning Wizard

11. Problem with cd-rom or cdrw as slave

12. THE ANSWER TO YOUR CD, CDRW, DVD PROBLEMS WITH XP

13. Cdrw and CD drives conflicting problem