Sound Control missing from taskbar.

Post by Annett » Thu, 22 May 2003 05:08:24

I have a basic problem which I can't rectify. The sound
icon from the taskbar has disapeared and I can't get it
back.
I have gone into control panel, selected sound and ticked
the box "place icon in taskbar". It still didn't appear.
I re-started, it still wasn't there. I then went into
sound again through the control panel and the box was
already ticked.
Small problem I know but very annoying as I have to do
the round robin to turn sound up and down all the time.

Sound Control missing from taskbar.

Post by GranSalsero » Thu, 22 May 2003 06:28:45

Click the check mark out of the box named Show icon in the
Taskbar/click Apply.

Click so that the box is checked and click on Apply/OK.

Right-click the Taskbar/uncheck Hide Inactive icons.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have a basic problem which I can't rectify. The sound
>icon from the taskbar has disapeared and I can't get it
>back.
>I have gone into control panel, selected sound and ticked
>the box "place icon in taskbar". It still didn't appear.
>I re-started, it still wasn't there. I then went into
>sound again through the control panel and the box was
>already ticked.
>Small problem I know but very annoying as I have to do
>the round robin to turn sound up and down all the time.

>.

1. missing volum control icon in taskbar

I've checked the box  that allows me to display my volum control in my
taskbar, the only problem is, it's not working.  I've done it several times,
and have clicked on "apply" and "ok" but no luck.  anyone familiar with this
problem?  Windows 98 handled it , but now on windows xp it won't work.
thanks, Roberta

2. Parametr for *.exe files for changing screen resolution

3. missing sound icon in the taskbar

4. winlogon screensaver

5. Sound Blaster PCI 512 Volume control on the taskbar prob

6. Can't open clip art in Office XP!

7. Sound control on Task Bar missing ........

8. Bad entries stuck in DNS cache

9. sound/volume control file missing

10. Sound/volume control missing-reply to Terra

11. Sounds section in Control panel missing

12. Control Panel/Sounds missing a component

13. 1 - Volumn control missing System Tray 2 - two AudioHQ Icons in Control Panel